Anchorage Airport - Distance from downtown

susanema

It is about a 20-23$ cab fare. I live here on Kodiak Island, and go to anchorage frequently. Not knowing what time of day you will be here limits me somewhat, but if you can get others to share a cab, it's worth your while to go eat at Club Paris. An alaskan landmark and the best steak in town! Lobster is good too.

Yes, it's after the cruise. Where is Egan Center? How do we get luggage from there to airport? Does the cruise line handle that. We will be on Celebrity?

Egan Center is downtown Anchorage and some if not all cruiselines use that as a staging point, with luggage storage and transfers to the airport. It is usually open until 6pm. You would claim and check your own luggage likely.

BQ (or anyone with first hand experiende), I received my doc's on Friday (yeah) and have a question regarding transportation after the cruise. I will call RCL tomorrow but I was hoping that I would get the "real skinny" from someone who has actually been to Alaska. I bought the train transfers from RCL (Seward to Anchorage). Unfortunatly, I am not able to spend any additional time and have to catch a plane back home (2:30 pm). There are actually two transfer pages in my docs, one explains how my luggage will be taken and I will see it again at the airport. This page reads as if it is directed more for the bus transfer. The second page specifically explains how, and when to catch the train but it says that I will pick up my luggage at the train station. No mention of how to get from the train station to the airport, the reason I planned on using the ships transportation. So my question is, do cruise train transfers actually take you to the airport or will I have to find my own way from the train depot to the airport? I am traveling solo so if I have to add on the price of a taxi to the train transfer, I might as well take the bus (even thought I heard the train was a great experiende). Any advise? With my plane leaving at 2:30 (Alaska Airlines) would I be safer going by bus? Help!!!

BQ (or anyone with first hand experiende), I received my doc's on Friday (yeah) and have a question regarding transportation after the cruise. I will call RCL tomorrow but I was hoping that I would get the "real skinny" from someone who has actually been to Alaska. I bought the train transfers from RCL (Seward to Anchorage). Unfortunatly, I am not able to spend any additional time and have to catch a plane back home (2:30 pm). There are actually two transfer pages in my docs, one explains how my luggage will be taken and I will see it again at the airport. This page reads as if it is directed more for the bus transfer. The second page specifically explains how, and when to catch the train but it says that I will pick up my luggage at the train station. No mention of how to get from the train station to the airport, the reason I planned on using the ships transportation. So my question is, do cruise train transfers actually take you to the airport or will I have to find my own way from the train depot to the airport? I am traveling solo so if I have to add on the price of a taxi to the train transfer, I might as well take the bus (even thought I heard the train was a great experiende). Any advise? With my plane leaving at 2:30 (Alaska Airlines) would I be safer going by bus? Help!!!

I don't want to give you wrong information- there is a train station at the airport and downtown. Post this question specifically. You also may want to contact the Alaska RR directly since they are the contractor.

Archived