Beach for Older Adults

tmcraine

I'm taking my 79 yr. old mom on a cruise, stopping in Cozumel. Which beach would you recommend to take her too? She loves the beach, but I just don't want her to get knocked over by too many people ;-) Thanks.

I'm taking my 79 yr. old mom on a cruise, stopping in Cozumel. Which beach would you recommend to take her too? She loves the beach, but I just don't want her to get knocked over by too many people ;-) Thanks.

I guess for a nice quiet relaxing beach that is not all inclusive I would say palancar, its the furthest south on the island.:)

I recommend taking her to Playa Uvas it's a great place and it's geared toward adults. You can go to their website for more info(www.Playauvas.com). They have a lady there that does massages on the beach and they also offer several activites such as kayaking, and snorkeling. very lovely place and service.

I would also suggest looking into Nachi Combo (sp?) I haven't been there myself but I believe it is also geared toward adults.

And read, read, read these boards! You'll find several info on these boards that will help you make the right decision! ;)

Whwn are you going? I am also taking my parents 74 and 78 in May. They want to go to the beach in Coz. Their idea of going to the beach is for an hour or maybe two so I don't want to spend a fortune and want to go where they can easily get back to the ship on their own. Annie

I would recommend Paradise Beach. We were there last week and it was very nice. Taxis are easy to get to take you there and it's not very far from the International Pier. Also there are taxis wating there for anyone who would like to leave, so your parents wouldn't have any trouble getting back to ship on their ownThey have bathrooms and changing areas. They serve delicious food and it was not over crowded or noisy. There were a few kids there playing in the water on the big iceberg and trampolene, but you didn't notice any wild kids running all over. Also it is easy walking and right on the sand if your parents have any mobility issues. Best of all it's free, there's no charge to enter like some other places. Portions of food are generous and the drinks are fairly priced.We found what we were looking for: a nice relaxing afternoon on the beach sitting on a lounge chair under an umbrella with a drink in hand.

Palancar is further south but it's a nice "natural" beach - no beach toys etc so not as much pull for the younger folks and kids. They have made a lot of improvements in the last year or so and it's really nice - enclosed palapa restaurant, outdoor shaded area - large beach area with lounge chairs. You can easily wade into the ocean - no big waves or anything.

Archived