Marmaris vs Rhodes

I received an e mail from Carnival this morning notifying me that the Freedom Greek Islands/Med cruise for 2008 is replacing Rhodes Greece with Marmaris, Turkey. Has anyone been to either or both and have any opinions. I am considering canceling this cruise. What do you think?

I have been to Rhodes and it is interesting and ok,but I Googled Marmaris and it really looks good..I would not mind going there if I were on a cruise.I guess if you have your heart set on Rhodes and you are not crazy about your other ports then I would cancel,but IMHO I would not cancel a cruise just for one port change and like I said Marmaris looks cool, If you like your other ports why not go.Sometimes the little ports and out of the way places can end up being the best.

We certainly enjoyed Marmaris on our recent med cruise and would go back again. Very nice market, interesting old castle/fort. We did not take any tours there as we just wandered, shopped, drank tea, etc. Folks who did said Dalyan (famous for its pretty mosque and the statue dedicated to Caretta Caretta turtles) and Caunos were both interesting.

Archived