AOS - Cabin 1388 - Why will wife love it?

I am surprising my wife for our 20th anniversary next year with this cabin. Tell me why she is going to love it!!! Send me your reviews and pictures about the cabin, "the pole", bathroom, bedding, balcony..... Thanks!!

Dale

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/aft/aftFR.html

Great site for cabin photos and information.

Bill

This is a nice site, but be aware that it is not completely accurate.

For my upcoming AOS cruise, we have cabins 7330 & 7332 which are superior ocean view D1 category. This site lists those cabins as deluxe oceanview category E.

Other than that, it seems like a great site.

Because it's a top deck corner aft. That's great real estate. For its category, it's a larger room with a larger balcony. While not as deep as some rooms back there, it's wider than any on the aft. This produces a cabin that is basically square and feels roomy for walking around in. The partial sun/partial shaded balcony is great. It has room enough for 2 upright chairs, a small table and 2 chaise loungers. As you acknowledged, there are poles. One is in the room at the foot of the bed. One is a large beam out on the balcony. Both are mostly non-issues. You won't run into them but once! There is so much room that you won't be dodging the poles. Bonnie Voyager has some good pictures as well. Enjoy the room. We stayed in 1388's mirror image 1688 while aboard Navigator. We had 1388 booked for Voyager until an upgrade came along. You did great!

Although most people love this cabin, just for a balance, you should be aware of some negatives too. We had this cabin on Mariner and didn't care for it at all. It can get very hot on the balcony and there is no breeze coming across the back of the ship to temper the heat - so we had this wonderful large space that was unusable, even at night. Maybe it depends on the time of year and the direction of the sun (we sailed Eastern Carib in August). The second thing that turned us off was that the infrastructure across the back of the ship really impedes the view. There are a criss-cross of beams that give a "construction site" feel. One beam hangs quite low across the balcony, and you have to remember to duck under it or hit your head. The ocean seems so far away, as you have to look quite far out beyond the beams and lower decks.

Most people aren't bothered by these things, but we wished we had heard about them before we booked this cabin, so we could have gone into it being more informed.

On the positive side, we didn't find the walk to be very far, and we were traveling with a senior person who has a little trouble getting around. The aft bank of elevators/stairs weren't too far away. As well, we had no soot on the balcony nor were there any vibrations or noise issues. However, we did find that our balcony was always soaking wet in the morning from the run-off of water used to clean the windows and decks above overnight.

Archived