Many Kids in school holidays?

Publicans

We are considering going on the Dawn next April, but it falls in school hol. time for NSW, ACT, QLD and SA!

We are in our late 40's early 50's and as much as we love kids (ours are young adults now), we don't really want to be inundated with them on our holiday. Will they be under our feet all the time - noisy meal times, running up the corridors etc, or will most of them be happy in the kids clubs?

Is it a bad time to go on a peaceful holiday??? :confused: We were on the Sun in March and hardly saw any kids around, but of course it wasn't school holiday time.

Hi,

I was on the Easter cruise this year (on the Sun) and there were 472 children and teenages onboard and they didnt annoy me (my own children did at times though) most of the kids are off doing there own thing, even at the early sitting for dinner the kids were quiet. There was a seperate kids dinning time at 5.00pm in the buffet but i didnt see to many parents taking advantage of this. The large quantity of children on this cruise meant that most passengers were families, not too many hot young men to look at but on the goodside there wasnt much trouble with people partying thoughout the night in the cabins.

Denise

Thanks for your replies - I am feeling a bit better about booking now. I will wait and hope some specials come up for the April cruise a bit later in the year. On second thoughts, do they tend to have specials on school hol. cruises....or are they normally booked out?

Hi Margo

I booked the easter cruise on a good special, 10 nights inside cabbin for two adults and 1 child $3545 (booked online). This was in June last year, i did see this easter cruise advertised slighty cheaper on another promotion through P&O in July (at land based travel agents).

Denise

I too was on the Easter cruise and never found the kids a problem.

Hi Denise, good to see you back on line, I've made a short movie of our cruise and will be putting it on you-tube soon.

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

When will your movie be on Utube, and which ship were you on? I am booked on my first cruise and am soaking up as much information as possible.

Rob

Archived