Atlantis April 25 comments

sdf89

We thank every one of you who posted so many helpful things about Atlantis. Rather than repeat so much, I will just add a few comments from our visit April 25:

1) It is so, so worth it! We were just 2 (DW & myself... kinda old) and loved it, so if you also have kids, it is a no -brainer.

2) We got a 240$ deal via Travelocity, but truth be told they did do the $105 day pass that day. I'm still glad we did have an Atlantis room since we could take a nap, and keep some valuables locked up in room.

3) Beware of putting off aquarium tour (45 minute tour of "digs" that leaves every 15 minutes purportedly) too late. We went about 3Pm and a private party pre-empted all tours. WE could still do aquariums, but only on own.

4) Keep in mind that there are now 2 "aquariums". The usual "Digs", but now also a "predator" room with a tunnel in which the sharks and stingrays really swim by and over you. I think, but am not sure, that the pass to the Digs now also gives you access to the predator area.

5) Aquaventure is incredible.

6) We drove past comfort suites in our taxi. Indeed, it is only 1 block from main entrance.

7) This is my only comment that is a repeat from other posters: when getting your taxi, pin down the price of 4$/person and leaving NOW before you sit inside. If you get any grief, back away which is usually enough to get them to comply.

Random observation: one thing that absolutely puzzled me: there were very few people taking pictures that day, and I was the only one I encountered with a waterproof camera... I could never figure that out!

We thank every one of you who posted so many helpful things about Atlantis. Rather than repeat so much, I will just add a few comments from our visit April 25:

1) It is so, so worth it! We were just 2 (DW & myself... kinda old) and loved it, so if you also have kids, it is a no -brainer.

2) We got a 240$ deal via Travelocity, but truth be told they did do the $105 day pass that day. I'm still glad we did have an Atlantis room since we could take a nap, and keep some valuables locked up in room.

3) Beware of putting off aquarium tour (45 minute tour of "digs" that leaves every 15 minutes purportedly) too late. We went about 3Pm and a private party pre-empted all tours. WE could still do aquariums, but only on own.

4) Keep in mind that there are now 2 "aquariums". The usual "Digs", but now also a "predator" room with a tunnel in which the sharks and stingrays really swim by and over you. I think, but am not sure, that the pass to the Digs now also gives you access to the predator area.

5) Aquaventure is incredible.

6) We drove past comfort suites in our taxi. Indeed, it is only 1 block from main entrance.

7) This is my only comment that is a repeat from other posters: when getting your taxi, pin down the price of 4$/person and leaving NOW before you sit inside. If you get any grief, back away which is usually enough to get them to comply.

Random observation: one thing that absolutely puzzled me: there were very few people taking pictures that day, and I was the only one I encountered with a waterproof camera... I could never figure that out!

Glad you enjoyed your day.. and btw.. the predator lagoon has always been apart of the tour. Just not obvious if you don't pay for the tour.

Archived