compare miami & tampa for me

purplefrog1111

looking for a comparison between embarkation from port of tampa and port of miami. we sailed in february out of tampa and will be sailing out of miami in november. just wanting to know what to expect. tampa seemed to be smooth, fast, and organized even with a medical emergency in the line for sail and sign...............hoping miami will be the same??

Miami Embarkation on Paradise's terminals 8/9 has been smooth. ticket desk for those who need docs to one side, lines for metal detector/x-ray scanner all nice, skipper's club to the left, then the various lines for the regular check in and then the escalators to the ship...s&s card desks, seating areas for waiting to board, all very nice.

I have sailed out of both and will take Miami hands down. First of all IMHO Miami is the port to sail out of is you want to get into that cruise mood fast. The city is a great place to visit for a day or two prior to a cruise. Nothing in Florida compares to sailing out of Government Cut. As you sail down the channel the cars on McArthur Parkway blow their horns and wave. I found both ports to be well organized. Nothing wrong with either one but I just prefer Miami over the other Florida ports.

Archived