New Conquest Cruiser HELP!!!

oakbend

When you go on a shore excursion snorkeling or diving, what do you take with you as far as money, I.D. or other credit cards ,etc...and more importnatly where do you leave them when you are in the water??? Do you leave money and credit cards in your pack in the excursion boat? THANKS!!!

I will try to answer a few of your questions based upon my cruising experiences. When we have booked a snorkle tour I always carry a beach bag of sorts with various items such as: change of clothes, hairbrush, sunscreen, sun glasses, camera, towel, hair clip, wallet with sail and sign card/cash/credit card, etc... This bag is left on the boat that we are touring with while you are in the water. I have always booked independent excursions so usually no more than 10-20 folks on the boat with us. Everyone leaves their bags on the boat and nothing is ever hassled with.

It is also a matter of personnal choice when you go ashore somewhere as to what currency to bring. DH and I travel ashore with our credit card (in appropriate countries) such as Grand Cayman, Jamaica etc. We tend to leave check card and credit cards back on the ship (in safe in cabin) for other countries where cash is only accepted (such as Roatan, Belize, etc..) Before we sail we call our credit card company and let them know the dates we are traveling and the locations to protect us against any potential fraud just in case. It has never happened but better to be prepared just in case.

Enjoy your trip!

When you go on a shore excursion snorkeling or diving, what do you take with you as far as money, I.D. or other credit cards ,etc...and more importnatly where do you leave them when you are in the water??? Do you leave money and credit cards in your pack in the excursion boat? THANKS!!!

You get a small 'watertight case'. They usually have them on the ship if you don't get one before. You wear it around your neck or just keep it in your pocket as I do.

OTR1DF.JPG

For snorkeling and beach activities, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and got a tiny watertight tube used to store camp matches. I roll up cash in there and put it in the pocket of my swim trunks. I take a baggie and put our drivers licenses and one credit card and our Sail and Sign cards in there, because it doesn't matter if those things get wet. Those get stuck in the pocket as well.

I usually bring a disposable underwater camera for pictures on the beach.

I am also a fan of the waterproof pouch. I bought mine before our last trip on Valor for the purpose of taking on the CaveTubing and it was great. I kept our DL's, CC & Sign & sail in there along with our cash & sunglasses. The rest of our stuff (clothing, towels) left on the bus. It was piece of mind for me to know those important things were with me at all times. I am bringing it back out for our trip on Destiny where I will have a chance to use it at least 3 days...Yeah!! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Archived