Birth Certificate question??

Hi...I do not know if anyone can help me out with this question but it has been bugging me...my husband and I are taking our kids on the Spirit in June...I have both the kids birth certificates..BUT...my husband is my daughters stepdad....will they give me a hard time about this...I mean she will be with me and I am her mother...I am hoping I am obbsessing over nothing...thanks...any answers are appreciated!!!!

Legally you will need a notarized letter from her fahter stating that he is aware and consents to her leaving the country. If you have sole custody you will need to bring the court order.

Not trying to be nosy, but is there a father listed on the birth certificate? If not, then you don't need anything else. If so, then yes you need a form, either something saying you have sole custody, or that her father gives permission (I don't think it has to be notarized, but it's highly suggested).

Not trying to be nosy, but is there a father listed on the birth certificate? If not, then you don't need anything else. If so, then yes you need a form, either something saying you have sole custody, or that her father gives permission (I don't think it has to be notarized, but it's highly suggested).

Unfortunatley~ his name is on the BC...I never took him to court...ugh...and he is the MOST uncooperative individual person in the world...OH well I have 23 days to get him to do this...UGH:mad: ....thanks for the responses!!

You should be prepared regardless. Have a notarized letter from your kids father stating that you're taking them on vacation and permission is given.

Usually you won't have a problem BUT there is always that first time.

My husband passed away at a young age, my son was 7 years old. We had a family trip preplanned to go to mexico on vacation . The trip was a month after he had passed away, I had so many documents just in case, birth certificate (all of ours showing all names) marriage certificate, death certificate etc.... DIdn't have one problem As a matter of fact the attendant at the airlines desk looked at the documents I gave and didn't say a word. WHile we were on the plane HE came to us w/ a flight attendant and asked us to follow them, I panicked not knowing what was happening. He said we're moving your family to first class. Thought we'd appreicate more privacy ! I'll never forget that act of kindness... It's 7 years ago this happened and I still remember that.

Hi...I do not know if anyone can help me out with this question but it has been bugging me...my husband and I are taking our kids on the Spirit in June...I have both the kids birth certificates..BUT...my husband is my daughters stepdad....will they give me a hard time about this...I mean she will be with me and I am her mother...I am hoping I am obbsessing over nothing...thanks...any answers are appreciated!!!!

When my husband's ex-wife wants to take their daughter out of the country, she needs to get a letter from him, notarized, that's it's OK. We also had to submit a notarized form when she got the daughter a passport. I don't think she's ever actually had to show the letter but the lawyers advised that it will always be a possiblity. Now that she has the passport which my husband consented to her getting, it's less of an issue but better safe than sorry.

It goes along with bringing your marriage license if your name on your birth certificate is different now because you are married. You won't need it 99% of the time, but there is always a chance you'll be asked for it.

Archived