Car Rental In Kenai

tropic traveler

Hi All from drought-ridden So. Florida:

We've rented an SUV from Budget at the Kenai Airport and are looking for information about transportation from the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge to that airport to pick up our rental. Princess tells me they don't provide transportation from the Lodge to the airport and also told me because of the remoteness of Kenai, there are no taxis on the peninsula. Budget told me there are and they are at the airport all the time.

Has anyone rented a car while on Kenai and if so, how did you arrange transportation?

Many thanks for any and all information!:cool:

We're having the same problem--want to rent a car but no way to pick it up! I e-mailed the Cooper Landing Chamber of Commerce (where Kenai Princess Lodge is) and they say they no longer have any car rental companies there, etc. Did not ask about a taxi. Think there may be shuttle buses to Seward from the lodge, but not anything else. Only Princess excursions ;)

I also had our TA check and she said it's not possible to get from Kenai Princess Lodge to a car rental place:mad: Hope she's wrong and someone on this board figures out a way!:o

We're having the same problem--want to rent a car but no way to pick it up! I e-mailed the Cooper Landing Chamber of Commerce (where Kenai Princess Lodge is) and they say they no longer have any car rental companies there, etc. Did not ask about a taxi. Think there may be shuttle buses to Seward from the lodge, but not anything else. Only Princess excursions ;)

I also had our TA check and she said it's not possible to get from Kenai Princess Lodge to a car rental place:mad: Hope she's wrong and someone on this board figures out a way!:o

This thread has been posted three times. There are no rental cars in Cooper Landing. There is a rental car place in theTOWN of Kenai (about 55 miles from the Kenai Princess).

It will probably be at least $100.00 x 2 to get a taxi from the Princess lodge to the rental car place and then return to the Princess lodge after you drop off the rental car.

That is IF you can talk a taxi driver into doing this for you.

The area just north of Soldotna and between the TOWN of Kenai and Soldotna is FILLED with moose and dawn and dusk are dangerous driving times.

If there are any rental cars available in Seward, you will be far better off taking the Princess shuttle to Seward and renting a car there. Enjoy!!!

I have a suggestion for you. Try Homer Stage Line. They are a bus service that run from Homer to Kenai, Soldtotna, Cooper Landing and Anchorage. They haul passengers and freight. Not sure if their pickup times will work for you, but.......

http://www.homerstageline.com/

Good suggestion. Any way you look at it, it is not going to be cheap to get from the Kenai Princess to a rental car agency in the TOWN of Kenai.

I still think everyone would be better off going to get a car in Seward IF there are cars available.

I also posted on the other thread. :) You need to look at a map. With a stay in Cooper Landing, it is just NOT going to be practical renting a car out of the city of Kenai- with spending 2 hours on the road each way picking it up. UNLESS, you are there for several days??? Frankly, Seward is your only easy option with Princess shuttles, go there and enjoy the gems that city has to offer. Next time, go on your own, rent a car out of Anchorage and have the freedom to travel easily, where you wish.

Archived