Pics of Maasdam arrival in Halifax, May 13

haligonian37

Thank You, Thank You!

Absolutely Beautiful pictures. I enjoyed them so much.

That little bird was cute, on guard and letting everyone know the Maasdam has arrived.

It did look like a quite brisk morning. I hope it warms up for the end of June when I arrive!

That little bird scared the crap outta me! I had gotten out of my car to get some shots and it was quiet as can be, there wasn't even noise from the Maasdam, then all of a sudden "rat-a-tat-tat-tat".....I almost hit the dirt! The little thing was hammering on the metal light standard like a mini jackhammer. After I had a good laugh, I was glad it was so early and no one had seen me ducking for cover.

I can reassure you that in a month's time, it shouldn't be hovering around zero in the mornings.....though, I can't guarantee anything 100% when it comes to our weather. :)

Thanks Haligonian for the pics of the Maasdam. Sure wish I was there but alas, I am on the other side of the province. Now, if and when she sails up the Bay of Fundy to Saint John, New Brunswick, and it isn't during the night, we can see her. Not close enough to get pictures though. We will keep a watch of her schedule to see if she is sailing this way during the daylight hours. Oh, it does make us homesick for her, though.

J&C

Archived