daywear

rabbitneedles

;) lots of talk about evening wear on qm2 transatlantic .but what about daywear for ladies .what's the temperature like in the public rooms in the daytime ? are warmer clothes required we are on 10th June eastbound crossingand not sure what to pack.

I've been wondering the same thing about daytime attire on the Caribbean sailings. From what folks have posted here, shorts are pretty common given the weather down there, but then it's my understanding you can't wear shorts in the dining room. So I wonder if people change into pants to eat breakfast/lunch there? I know King's Court is available to those in shorts during the day, but dining room food is usually so much better.

I generally wear slacks and a blouse and add a sweater if I feel chilly. And comfortable shoes. During the day you can do a lot of walking. For walking on deck you might require a jacket. And during the day jeans are acceptable although not a common sight.

I wear a lot of capri pants and a nice tee shirts on board. These are acceptable in the dining room. The public rooms are a comfortable temperature but, if you tend to get chilly, a sweater would be good to have. On a TA the ship is moving fast and creating her own wind so being on the outside decks can be pretty chilly and windy.

I wear a lot of capri pants and a nice tee shirts on board. These are acceptable in the dining room. The public rooms are a comfortable temperature but, if you tend to get chilly, a sweater would be good to have. On a TA the ship is moving fast and creating her own wind so being on the outside decks can be pretty chilly and windy.

Aloha Patti,

Would nice slippers be ok onboard the QM2 during the day? Something besides my plastic "Locals" of course :D

Hope all is well in Paradise.

Pomaika'i

Betsy

Well, Betsy, how fun to see your name pop up again. When are you sailing on the QM2? Wish it was June 10th as it'd be fun to meet a former Hawaii resident.

Sandals are fine on the ship but save the rubber zoris for home, as I'm sure you know. I always wear them or loafers in the summer months on board.

All is well in Paradise if you don't look at the many many 36-story condos that have just been completed or are nearly finished in Kaka'ako and in downtown on Bishop Street. Not a lanai on any of them. Hello, this Polynesia and people like to be outside.

A hui hou,

Patti

Well, Betsy, how fun to see your name pop up again. When are you sailing on the QM2? Wish it was June 10th as it'd be fun to meet a former Hawaii resident.

Sandals are fine on the ship but save the rubber zoris for home, as I'm sure you know. I always wear them or loafers in the summer months on board.

All is well in Paradise if you don't look at the many many 36-story condos that have just been completed or are nearly finished in Kaka'ako and in downtown on Bishop Street. Not a lanai on any of them. Hello, this Polynesia and people like to be outside.

A hui hou,

Patti

Hi Patti,

Oh good, I can wear sandals, I hate shoes! It would be so fun to be on the same sailing with you, maybe one of these days. I lived at 2211 on the Ala Wai for awhile and we didn't have a lanai either, it was awful! Everyone needs a lanai if you live in Hawai'i so you can feel the warm trades....... now I'm missing my other home and craving Loves powdered donuts and a good cup of kona coffee :rolleyes:

Mahalo,

Betsy

Archived