Big Feet - Need info

Booked on both the Liberty OS and the Freedom OS. Understand that inline skating and ice skating is available. Grandson has size 17 shoes. Trying to find out if skates that size would be available for rental or will he be out of luck. If someone can provide an email address where I may be able to get this question answered if someone on these boards cannot provide an answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I don't have an e-mail address for you, but in getting skates on the Navigator, Adventure and Voyager, I did see sizes up to 15 (I'm a 14). I'm not sure if they would carry larger sizes that that. Size 17 may be a bit of a challenge.

See frequently asked questions for email address:

Need help?

If you're having trouble, you can complete our e-mail form and one of our representatives will contact you.

If you prefer, you can call us directly.

Or you may search this site for more information.

end quote. Hope this helps :)

The worst part is he just turned 14 and his feet are still growing - thanks for the information on the rock climbing wall - I may have to prepare him for all the things he will not be able to do because of his shoe size. Want to prepare him before he gets on the ship and finds he cannot do the thinks he is looking forward to doing.

Have no fear - life can go on, even with big feet. My DH wears a size 17 shoe as well.Luckily we have a big/wide foot shoe store about an hour from our house that we visit for him a few times a year. We have also managed to find him a pair of size 17 ski boots. While he was not able to ice skate or rollar blade on our last cruise, it was only a minor set-back. DH was pleasantly suprised that the flippers at the dive shop fit him so we could go snorkeling and to the Discover Scuba. The instructors got a kick out of his feet and joked with with his size 17 feet, he didn't need flippers! :)

We were on the Marier with our son in Nov. he wears a size 16. They did not have skates to fit him. We were lucky while he was growing up in high school he was in NJROTC and they gave him dress shoes so we never had to buy a pair. It is always a challenge finding him shoes poor kid doesn't get much of a choice when the store has his size we take what we can get.

Enjoy the cruise.

Burnsie

Wow, and I thought it was tough having a 15 year old with size 15 feet. He didn't do in-line skating, but was unable to do the rock wall because they didn't have shoes big enough. My guess is that there won't be any footwear for whatever sport available in a 17.

Thanks for the info - I will use the email address - it is also a challenge buying him shoes - tried renting him a tux before the last cruise - all was fine until we got to shoes.

Try the Men's Wearhouse for Tuxes. I have a friend w/size 17 feet and he just rented a Tux for a wedding there. I think they go to size 20 or something. (just in case he keeps growing!)

Thanks for all the info - I almost fotgot that he was not able to use flippers on our past snorkel tours as they did not have his size. I did solve that by finding a dive shop that sold flippers that size so we now pack his flippers whenever we cruise (They take a lot of space). I am also trying to find water shoes for him as I have read that some beaches (and we have experienced this) are quite rocky until you get to the sandy areas. This has become my latest challenge so if anyone can suggest a place where these might be available in a size 17 it would be greatly appreciated.

Archived