Cabana Massage-worth it?

For me, it wasn't. I was new to massage--this was my first one. There was some confusion with what I was supposed to be getting--I signed up for one, very close in time to another "Jane" and when we got to the cabanas, they apparently gave her my request, and me, hers. During the massage, the therapist asked me if I was ticklish or if this was bothering me? I told her it was bothering me, so she said "this means you really need this massage" and proceeded to give me a deep tissue massage that left me sore for days. (like taking advil sore). I didn't enjoy the view, since I was face down while receiving the massage; I did like the sound of the waves.

If I were doing it again, I would be much more inclined to say--that hurts, since I now know that massages don't necessarily hurt.

I've had lots of massages, and agree with the previous poster. WHOA. This massage was more like deep tissue or rolfing. Seriously. I have never had such a "deep" massage. My masseuse was named Boris. I asked him to go lighter four times. I ended up with slight bruises on my behind the next morning.

I think it would be worth it if you make sure to specify you want a light pressure, or RELAXING massage, NOT a sports or deep tissue massage. My husband's masseuse was female and much lighter--he enjoyed his more than I did. And, yes, the sound of the waves is great.

I've had lots of massages, and agree with the previous poster. WHOA. This massage was more like deep tissue or rolfing. Seriously. I have never had such a "deep" massage. My masseuse was named Boris. I asked him to go lighter four times. I ended up with slight bruises on my behind the next morning.

I think it would be worth it if you make sure to specify you want a light pressure, or RELAXING massage, NOT a sports or deep tissue massage. My husband's masseuse was female and much lighter--he enjoyed his more than I did. And, yes, the sound of the waves is great.

Well, what did you expect from a guy named Boris? ;)

"Da, this is how we do massage in Mother Russia!"

My wife and I both had girls at our couples massage. We loved it. It wasn't the deep massage that I'm reading about here.

Is it worth it? For us it was worth it in that "Heck we are vacation sort of way". While the view is nice you do end up face down but the breeze and the sound of the ocean was nice.

When you see the price and you have any doubts then don't do it. You will feel guilty. Can't go into a massage like that. For first timers try a massage on a port day, a little cheaper and a chance to see if you enoy it.

Archived