Other peoples' vacation photos...

CC Help Michell

• Administrators

.... totally interest me, when I'm planning a trip to the same place! One thing I've noticed in doing my background research and planning for our POH cruise is that when people link to their albums, I HAVE to go see them, and I almost always click through to the end of the slide show. In "real life" I've seen many peoples' slide shows in their rec rooms, etc. of various trips and wound up drooling and snoring.... but somehow when I'm going to be going to the place so soon, seeing "Bob" and "Debbie" or "Janet" and "Dave" doing some activity just makes me more interested! I was wondering if I'm the only one who reacts this way? :) AND -- who has awesome NCLA Hawaii photos I can go see on the web? I'm sure I haven't seen them all! :)

Michell, I only put a few online (I printed and made an album of over 700 shots for my mom after we returned). On this page are the Best of Hawaii and shots around the grounds of the Hale Koa where we stayed. I am not a great photographer, but I have enjoyed the pictures I did take.

http://homepage.mac.com/debraoutlaw/PhotoAlbum3.html

Michell, the snorkeling was on Oahu with Hanauma Bay Dive Tours. We had never snorkeled before and I chose them because they don't just deliver you to the site, but stay with you in the water the entire time. The guide literally held my hand for about the first 10 or 15 minutes. Now, I'm an old hand at it, and will go snorkeling this year on two excursions (once on Oahu on a kayak trip and again at Kona with Captain Zodiac) and more if the opportunity presents itself. I can't wait!

You're right - this was a very special trip!

daWoods~~~Where was the "bamboo forest on the way to the falls?" Very interesting photo.

At Oheo Gulch, perhaps better known as the 7 sacred pools, there's a trail that winds up the stream that forms the pools. The bamboo forest is on that trail. It's about 2 miles up to the falls, which is about a thousand feet or so and you can walk almost to the base of it.

Thanks, Dawoods, for sharing! I enjoyed the albums -- loved the contrasting shots from Kula Lodge in different weather. The peacock photos were really nice too -- was that on Kauai?

Yes, at a small tourist trap on the Wailua (I think) River. It's purported to be an authentic ancient Hawaiian village, but I have my doubts.

Archived