Anyone Sailing on Sept 4th Magic?

captaincrash

Hello, we're returning for our 2nd Disney cruise and wanted to see if anyone else on CC was on this sailing. We would like to share insights and advice. We hail from Southern California and have 2 kids aged 10 months and 3 years. We plan on renting a car ~ we're coming in 2 days early to adjust to the time zone and go to Universal Studios ~ then we fly out a day after we dock. We plan on checking in 1st thing on day of departure so we can get at least ONE Palo reservation and possibly a massage. Aside from that we are old timers to visiting St. Thomas and San Juan. Each of these portws we've seen almost a half dozen times yet we never tire of them. They happen to be among our fa vorite Carribean destinations. However, since we've only done Disney ONCE before we wanted to kibbitz on what was the best day to take a Palo reservation ~ and we had a few other minor Qs. Also, we might be interested in sharing a little time with another family for one or two things. Friendly folks are invited to reply here! Below is a link to some pictures from our last cruise on Disney Magic in 2003: http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=nma4cnc&p=ABC&AID=1136939

• 2 weeks later...

Julia:

Are you going to try to make it onto the rescheduled Magic sailing on Monday? We're going to try and make it. However, we must determine whether Disney will offer some flexability if we cannot fly in. IE, will they still allow a full refund IF it turns out we cannot fly in - in time to get to the boat.

Aside from that... we were mildly curious what ratio of passengers have opted to cancel their trip. It seems quite a few are cancelling.

At any rate, we're currently rescheduled to fly into Tampa on Sunday - but looking at the Frances storm track we may have to reschedule this again soon if Tampa closes.

Luck to all who are trying to make it in - and regrets to all who opted to take the safe and easy full refund.

Captaincrash,

We are trying to get there for the cruise Monday as normally we're within driving distance but with the 2.5mil evacueze don't know how the drive will be, our thoughts were to follow the storm today and try drive down as close as possible on Sunday (Jacksonville or closer -J has accomodation available for Sun night) I am worried about the gas situation but DH doesn't think thats a problem. :D

Hopefully we will all make it down, get some great upgrades and have a fun time which we plan on doing.

My thoughts were to just relax, not go near a PC I even told DH not to take his laptop but if I change my mind will let you know or hunt you down on board.

My kids are 10 and 6 and plan on being in camp so I hope there are other kids there age.

Keep us posted on your plans of getting to ship.

Julia

Hope you get this before you leave I had posted it on another thread for you!!

Archived