Statendam info?

deora24

I've gone back 15 pages and have seen little about this ship. Doing the the Seward to Vancouver sailing this June 10...stops in Haines, Juneau, and Ketchikan.

It's our first time on HAL and in Alaska...so any recent info re: the Statendam, worthwhile excursions, etc. would be appreciated.

We've only sailed RCCL...expecting the HAL experience to be a bit different.

:confused:

It's been a few years since I was on the Statendam so I'm not sure how much help I could be. I do remember her being a lovely ship -- We particularly enjoyed cocktails and appetizers in the Ocean Bar before dinner. There was a three piece jazz band there playing dancing music (ballroom-type) and a small dance floor which was always full.

As for the itinerary questions, check the Alaska port of call forum -- lots of advice there on the different ports!

We were on the STATENDAM twice (one 30 day cruise, other one a 22 day trip). She is a beautiful ship. The room we like most on her is the Piano Bar.

We have found that all the HAL excursions are good .. check out the site (or your booket) and read up on the tour so you can choose ones to your liking. We're sure you will thoroughly enjoy your trip on the STATENDAM.

Also, WELCOME to HAL (we're sure it will be the first of many!) As you can see from our signature, we keep going back!

We have been on the Statendam twice. The first was a 35 day cruise in Dec, 2005, the second a 34 day cruise March of this year. We love the Statendam! She has a great captain and crew, a very nice deck plan, and at 1200 passengers is just the right size.

Archived