nile blue tours not blue nile tours-eygpt

kruzin'

:) thank you for your quick respose..do you know if americans need a visa ? sounds lile you are doing an overnite like we are ..please share any info since we cannot get a straight answer..how did you chose this company?:)

kruzin',

We have not used Nile Blue Tours yet, but we have reserved them in October for our overnight in Egypt. This is their web site:

http://*****/ .

I have had wonderful correspondence with Hazem in setting up our tour.

Fran

kruzin',

According to Hazem Abbas who I have been in touch with at Nile Blue Tours, American citizens will NOT need a Visa. He said that Princess will collect our passports and return them to us stamped before we depart the ship in Egypt. This is exactly what Princess did when we were on Golden Princess in March in South America. We handed in our passports upon check-in and they were returned to us when we left the ship. Visa stamps from all countries we already marked.

One of my ship mates did a lot of research and found that since we will only be in Egypt for two days - this will work.

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Fran

kruzin',

We have not used Nile Blue Tours yet, but we have reserved them in October for our overnight in Egypt. This is their web site:

Fran

We used Nile Blue Tours last year and will be using them again in November. I am sure you will be extremely pleased with the professional service they provide. Hazem Abbas is a wonderful person, as is his wife who works with him. He is the manager at Nile Blue Tours, but see if you can get him as your personal guide. He's fantastic!

Vicki

• 1 month later...
kruzin',

Fran

Hi Francine,

We meet again on CruiseCritics! Will and I are planning a trip to Egypt also, and noticed your rec for nilebluetours. I looked at their site, but couldn't find much info. We are looking for only 1 long day. What are you planning to do? Of course with 2 days you will have more opportunities than we will. I'd appreciate any guidance, as this is all new for us.

Thanks,

Carol & Will

Hi Carol,

It is nice to hear from you again. When are you planning this trip?

This is the itinerary we decided on:

OVER NIGHT TOUR - ALEXANDRIA / CAIRO / PORT SAID

Arrives to Alexandria at 6: am, meets & assists, then transfer to Cairo, start moving to Cairo at 8:00are arrive to Cairo at 11:00am

• We start our tour visiting sakkara pyramids and tombs,
  • the lunch at caviar
  • then visit to the pyramids at Giza,
  • back to hotel and check in
  • At 6:10 moving to the sound and light show (distance is about 5 to 7 min without traffic / and about 15 minutes in traffic) The show starts at 6.30 PM and ends at 7.30 PM
  • (Camel ride beside the pyramids is an optional tour

Day 02

• Pick up time at 8: am and move to Egyptian museum
  • Lunch at 12 onboard a Nile cruise
  • At 2:00pm Move to the shopping center in Giza for a (free shopping time)
  • At 3:30 moving toward the PORT SAID 198 KM (about 3 hours drive) arrive and to directly to the port

We are currently a group of ten people. We based our tour using suggestions from Vicki (post above yours) and her experiences last year. Thanks again, Vicki!

We saw a piece about the Mummy Room in the Egyptian Museum on the Evening News tonight.

Fran

Fran... thank you so much for posting your 2 day itinerary. It sounds perfect! We booked with Hazem last month (for October 2008)... he is a delight to work. We were considering a Nile dinner cruise, but a lunch cruise seems much more interesting, since we'll be able to see life along the Nile during daylight hours.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise... I do hope you'll post your experiences when you return... especially your overnight in Egypt!

Sandy

The passengers who just returned from the 6/1 Holy Land cruise on Royal Princess reported that the ship made all the visa arrangements, both for shore excursion pax and independent tours. However, this contradicts information from Princess customer service reps who are still telling Travel Agents that independent pax must get a visa from the Egyptian consulate.

I tend to think the Princess reps don't know what they are talking about!

We are booked in November for the overnight in Cairo at the Nile Hilton with Egyptian Express. It looks exciting!

Hi Francine,

We meet again on CruiseCritics! Will and I are planning a trip to Egypt also, and noticed your rec for nilebluetours. I looked at their site, but couldn't find much info. We are looking for only 1 long day. What are you planning to do? Of course with 2 days you will have more opportunities than we will. I'd appreciate any guidance, as this is all new for us.

Thanks,

Carol & Will

You don't find a lot of specific information on the site because Nile Blue specializes in personalizing your trip. Especially cruise passengers who have tight schedules and varying arrival and departure times, the best thing is to write to them telling them where and when you arrive and when you depart and ask for a suggested itinerary stating what's most important to you in order of priority (pyramids and sphinx? shopping? archeological museum? Sakkara?). If you leave early you may just have time for the pyramids and sphinx and a short stop for shopping, but it's still worth the trip.

Vicki

The passengers who just returned from the 6/1 Holy Land cruise on Royal Princess reported that the ship made all the visa arrangements, both for shore excursion pax and independent tours. However, this contradicts information from Princess customer service reps who are still telling Travel Agents that independent pax must get a visa from the Egyptian consulate.

I tend to think the Princess reps don't know what they are talking about!

We are booked in November for the overnight in Cairo at the Nile Hilton with Egyptian Express. It looks exciting!

My experience with Princess is that they tend to "guess" on the safe side when they aren't sure of an answer. Last fall when I told the Princess rep. that I had read conflicting information and that it was essential that I know the exact situation since I was planning for a group, the rep checked with her supervisor and, though it took a bit of time, she actually found the written information saying that we would ALL be issued a stamp visa for Egypt if we planned to leave the ship and therefore there was no need to arrange for them on our own. To be precise, it isn't even a true visa since the Egyptian rule is that cruise passengers staying in Egypt less than 72 hours do not need a visa. The so-called stamp visa basically identifies us as cruise passengers in transit.

Vicki

Andiamo(Vicki),

Wish I was in your location!

We are going on an Oceania cruise in Sept., with an overnight stay in Egypt. Oceania handled the situation the same as Princess, giving 2 different stories, but Oceania does do the blanket Visa stamp for the whole ship. I don't understand why they are not up front with this info. Maybe there is a chance the policy could change at any moment. Anyways, it took a lot of investigation on my part, to get a straight answer.

Andiamo(Vicki),

Wish I was in your location!

We are going on an Oceania cruise in Sept., with an overnight stay in Egypt. Oceania handled the situation the same as Princess, giving 2 different stories, but Oceania does do the blanket Visa stamp for the whole ship. I don't understand why they are not up front with this info. Maybe there is a chance the policy could change at any moment. Anyways, it took a lot of investigation on my part, to get a straight answer.

I think there is always a chance that policies might change which is why I check well in advance and then check again before leaving - just in case!

Vicki

PS) If you had been with me in my car yesterday while I was stuck in traffic, you would have wished that you WEREN'T in my location!;) Rome is absolutely fantastic for tourists, but it offers endless daily challenges for those of us living here.

Hi Vicki,

I'm a small town girl, but Rome is my favorite big city. If I lived in Italy, it would have to be a small village out of town. Vicki, how did you end up in Rome? Have a good weekend.

Tammy

Tammy, I'm a small town girl too, from Vermont. There are so many beautiful small towns in Italy, especially in Umbria and Tuscany. This is my third time living in Rome: the first time was as a student at Loyola University of Chicago's Rome Center, the second time was after graduation to be with the Italian med student I met while I was at Loyola, and the third time with my husband who was transfered here by his company. Fourteen years total spread out over 33 years!

Vicki

• 1 year later...

:( We took Blue Nile Tours last year on our Mediterranean cruise. We had the wife of the owner managing the tour. After asking questions about the area, etc., she informed us she is not a guide. So we went all the way to Cairo with no guide. When in Cairo, we picked up some young man who was late, and his English was not good and he was rushing us everywhere. We were also told that we were in a Caravan, (which is required by Egyptian law) to go to the Pyramids. We were not in a caravan and also had no armed guard on board. The wife was so busy answering her cell phone every minute trying to sell cartouches to the people on the bus and ordering them from the factory. Any request that was made by a member of our small group was ignored. She made us stay 2 hours for lunch and then we had to get our own group together to get moving. If we hadn't done this, we would have missed many sights. ALSO, they stopped at a tourist trap shopping center for way too long, even though no one was interested in the overpriced articles. We were never offered any water, and had to remind her it was included. She then told us to take it out of the cooler ourselves. This lady could care less about the tourists, she looked extremely bored. I would NOT take Blue Nile Tours ever again. We had time to go to the Nile River, but they said we need to go to the shopping center instead. We also missed the boat museum by the Sphinx which supposedly was amazing. They were absolutely not flexible on anything and it was obvious that getting a cut of the shopping was prime on their list. Totally it was a waste of money. Also, the luncheon served was mediocre at best, and I am not a fussy person. Do yourself a favor and find someone else.

:) has any1 out there heard of or used nile blue tours? I cant locate a web site for them and am anxious to find out more about them. they are out of the pt said/alexandria area of Eygpt:)

Check out #17 message. I am totally dissatisfied with Blue Nile Tours.

:) webegone.....hi R.... yes. I am trying to get in touch with thm to see if they can do for us out of Alexandria what they did for V.... last NOvember..this time however, the tour would be r/t from Alexandria..We wil be in Alexandria 2days in Feb on the Jade and since the Roll Call is so quite so far I thought since the Brilliance is there 1day H....and his wife might have a tour going with them...any info will help...looks like you guys will be busy in the Orient in 09......

:) webegone.....hi R.... yes. I am trying to get in touch with thm to see if they can do for us out of Alexandria what they did for V.... last NOvember..this time however' date=' the tour would be r/t from Alexandria..We wil be in Alexandria 2days in Feb on the Jade and since the Roll Call is so quite so far I thought since the Brilliance is there 1day H....and his wife might have a tour going with them...any info will help...looks like you guys will be busy in the Orient in 09......[/quote']

Hi - Yes Hazem can do a/tfor you from Alexandria. He and I email every week as I send him a lot of business. His email is info at nilebluetours dot com. Remind him that you were with V's group last Nov.

Yes, we're looking forward to Asia. Want to come along?

:) WeBeGone...thanks for the offer but I will pass...our feb 2-feb27 will be our big one..we leave for the Batic aug30- sept 11 real soon and we are excited..You might have to mail your souveniers back in 09 since knowing you the list of goodies will be growing..Remember, you wont have the luxury of driving home with the goodies like you did in 07,,I will contact hazem,,thanks

Vicki -

My family is going to Rome next year then on a 12-day Med cruise that hits Alexandria.

If you would be willing I would love to talk to you further about your thoughts on tour guides in both Alexandria and Italy. You can reach my directly at kcschoonmaker@cox.net.

I look forward to talking to you.

Kim

Archived