Carnival Valor Review 5/6-5/13 Eastern Caribbean

mj

I thought I'd post a mini-review. Sorry for the late review, but it has been busy since I have been back. Overall, very good cruise. Service was good-not the best(Miracle was the best) (Victory was the worst) I have had in eight Carnival cruises. This was my 14th cruise overall. I thought the dining room food on this trip was good to excellent.

We had room 2465. That is the room that has 2 large windows and enjoyed it very much. But I will give you my pros and cons if you are considering the room:

Pros

Large Bathroom

For a 1A, two twin beds

I thought more space than a typical Carnival Room

Cons

Limited Storage space - Rather than three closets for storage you only had two We managed and got along just fine for the week

Very loud when coming into port and leaving. We did not need an alarm clock to let us know we were arriving in Nassau and St. Maarten.

Just a couple of difference concerning embarkation and debarkation. We got to the port around 11:30 and was on the ship by noon. This time you picked up your sail and sign card just as you were to enter in the atrium. Around 2:30, it moved to the Lincoln Dining Room.

Disembarkation was different as well. They started letting people do the self-embarkation around 7:45 - 8AM. We heard the last call for self-disembarkation and never heard another announcement. We went up to the Lido deck to wait for our color to be called and around 9:30 went down around deck 4 to see what was going on and saw people getting off the ship. The carnival employee said you could get in line and get off the ship, regardless of colored tag. We got our luggage, went through customs, cleared and headed to Miami airport. Got through security and was waiting on our 1 pm flight around 10:30 am - not bad at all.

If you have any questions on this or anything else, just ask away. Overall, had a blast and looking forward to the Carnival Liberty in October.

Archived