halifax and st john excursion questions...

ali38

We weren't on Carnival, but for RCCL Peggy's Cove left right after we docked and again at 1:30 or so. The bus ride was long but our tour guide was incredibly informative. We REALLY got a nice flavor of Halifax while driving to Peggy's Cove, which was as incredible as we had heard. Do know, the morning group had a lot of fog, but the sky was as clear as could be when we got there in the afternoon.

In St. John's we went on the camera tour -- with our two children (4/7) it was wonderful. Firstly, we hit some incredibly scenic places in St. John's and when we returned to the ship, it seemed like this tour was one of few to give such a pretty view of the city. Secondly, being able to get off the bus and walk around at each location while people took photos was not only great for the kids, but helped keep my arthritic legs from stiffening, plus we got to see the flora and fauna up close (THEY HAVE OLD -- YES OLD Elm trees in St. John's -- it's been almost 20 years since I've seen an Old American Elm tree). The tour guide was not only helpful with photography tips (even my 7 and 4 year old picked up helpful hints while using their disposable cameras -- and my quite husband who just got a new Nikon felt comfortable asking the guide questions) but the tour guide's historic knowledge of the area was impressive. As he is the "owner" of the tour, you can be assured your tour will be as informative. He clearly puts his heart and soul into what he does. While others complained of St. John's we simply loved it. This tour had a lot to do with our favorable feelings of this really neat city.

Archived