Harley Tour in Ketchikan Alaska

Costafox

It has been suggested on another thread that I can get information about the Harley tour on this board? Can anyone help please?

OK guys. Here's the info. We did about 50 miles ( I was looking at the odometer). Don, one of the two tour guides took us past the ships at port. (got quite a few waves and thumbs up from others). We headed east up the hills into Tongass Park. We came back down then headed North. We stopped for a cup of Coffee. The weather was great but that's not normally the case. We headed north to the end of the road then turned around back to the shop. A few stops were made along the way and they try to cater to what the group wants to see. The trip I took had the guide ( AKA road captain) two other riders, one passenger and me as "tail gunner". We didn't stop at the totem park. We were more interested in riding.

The bikes for the most part are 883 Sportsters w. back seats. They do have removable back rests and packs to load cameras and things like that. For an optional ($85.00 I think) fee you can upgrade to a soft tail. However the Sportsters do not have the foot boards and are a little more agile in the turns. Helmets, gloves and (if needed) rain gear is provided. These guys ride rain or shine. There is a $2500.00 security deposit required before you leave. They swipe your card and give the slips back to you if you have not laid the bike down or lost your gloves or such.

BamaBaby was right. DW says it will take plastic surgury to remove the smile off my face.

Their web site is

panhandlemoto.com

Any other questionsfor me, you can e-mail me directly if you want at:

ericvandervelden@msn.com

Archived