Journey 5/26

patpaul

Just got off the phone with Michelle at Azamar who told me she checked and everything is complete on the ship. Hope she is correct but not getting my hopes up. We figured if we go expecting the worse then we can only be pleasantly surprised. We all have our fingers crossed.

Pat

Just got off the phone with Michelle at Azamar who told me she checked and everything is complete on the ship. Hope she is correct but not getting my hopes up. We figured if we go expecting the worse then we can only be pleasantly surprised. We all have our fingers crossed.

Pat

Just arrived home today from the May 19th sailing. Deck 11, the sun deck, is just about complete. By the end of the May 26th sailing, everything should be complete.

We just returned yesterday. I must say that the people who work on the ship couldn't have been nicer! The Captain is friendly and obviously a people person.The ship is absolutely beautiful, and the cabins are very comfortable. The food in the main dining is much the same as the other Celebrity cruises we have been on. Generally 3 soups,3 salads several appetizers and entrees with a choice of a seafood, beef,lamb or pork as well as a poultry. The ship has really no shopping to speak of , only designer items most of which were not in our price range. We traveled with 2 children and as promised they had a ball. The 5yr old went to the kids program each day for as many hours as it was open. Debs is the youth councelor in charge. We only had a few kids on this sailing and it was almost like having a personal nanny!!She was great and the kids loved her. Next sailing there are a few more kids and on the following will be over 125! They are well supervised and in no way interfere with the peace of those who would prefer no children!

The entertainment was a bit disapointing, especially the party band called "The Wave". They were monotonous , no back up vocals , just a girl singing a lot of songs that she did not do very well. The DJ - Dio -was great. They had 2 comedians a broadway revue and another woman who sang well but only for 30 mins. There is also a harpistwho is quite good.

As far as the construction, we noticed some electric tools being used but it seems that the smell of paint thinner and varnish were a bit strong in some areas where they were working.

If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to ask , I will try to answer. I know I was hungry for info too!

:)

Hi fog1 and gabeedee - thank you for your posts. They are very helpful.

Did anyone of you use the spa and gym facilities? Do they have group classes at the gym, is there a list of services provided at the spa and their cost?

Thanks!

We did not use the gym and I didn't notice anything in the daily. That doesn't mean they didn't have any. The spa offers specials several days. I remember Friday they had a 20 minute back and neck massage,20 min facial and several others. You could pick any three totaling an hour for $89.00 .The girls who do massage came to the party that they had on Thurs night and gave neck, shoulder and head massages to those who wanted one. Wow! It felt so good!!! I didn't have time to go on Friday!!! :(

We did not use the gym and I didn't notice anything in the daily. That doesn't mean they didn't have any. The spa offers specials several days. I remember Friday they had a 20 minute back and neck massage,20 min facial and several others. You could pick any three totaling an hour for $89.00 .The girls who do massage came to the party that they had on Thurs night and gave neck, shoulder and head massages to those who wanted one. Wow! It felt so good!!! I didn't have time to go on Friday!!! :(

Gabeedee - thank you for your reply. I am lookin forward to spending some time at the spa :)

Archived