Diamond Princess Transportation Questions

avlski

HI! I am sailing on the Diamond Princess 9/19. We are flying into LAX and made reservations at the Crowne Plaza LA Harbor. Does anyone have any tips on transfer from LAX airport to Crowne Plaza LA Harbor? We are 3 adults. Also, on the return from cruise terminal, we are staying at Crowne Plaza, Century Blvd (near airport)... any suggestions on transportation from cruise terminal to hotel? Thanks! :)

HI! I am sailing on the Diamond Princess 9/19. We are flying into LAX and made reservations at the Crowne Plaza LA Harbor. Does anyone have any tips on transfer from LAX airport to Crowne Plaza LA Harbor? We are 3 adults. Also, on the return from cruise terminal, we are staying at Crowne Plaza, Century Blvd (near airport)... any suggestions on transportation from cruise terminal to hotel? Thanks! :)

Take a cab it would be around $55 (total) from LAX to the hotel, then you are only 5 minutes away from the pier at that hotel.

You could take the shuttle but you only save a few dollars and you are at the whim of the fellow passengrs if they have to make several stops on the way. :)

I would steer clear of Princess transfers as for three they are pretty expensive and again you are at the whim of the bus waiting to fill up before you leave.

The Crowne Plaza has a fly and sail package. Call them about it and check it out. I've booked them for a trip on the Diamond on March of '08 and I got the fly/sail package. They will pick you up at the airport when you arrive, then get you to the ship on the day of embarkation. They will also arrange to pick you up from the cruise terminal when you return. Since you'll still be staying with the "Crowne" chain, I'm sure they would pick you up and get you to the Century Blvd location and then get you back to the airport whenever you're scheduled to fly home. I think the extra charge is well worth it. We did the fly/sail package this year with Holiday Inn and it worked out great.

Archived