Cut Up Brochure (so you know where your cabin is)

Sometimes the deck plans aren't aligned because of page spacing or a top deck being smaller than the bottom ones. If you want to know what is under your cabin or above it, tear the deck-plan page out of your brochure and cut out each deck.

Line them up and tape them next to each other, using the forward and aft elevators (or stairs) as a guide.

I started doing this before the "computer age", and it still works best for me.

I know that a few others will (most likely) tell me what I wrote is a waste of time, but for anyone interested, I thought it might be of some help. Happy cruising!:)

Sometimes the deck plans aren't aligned because of page spacing or a top deck being smaller than the bottom ones. If you want to know what is under your cabin or above it, tear the deck-plan page out of your brochure and cut out each deck.

Line them up and tape them next to each other, using the forward and aft elevators (or stairs) as a guide.

I started doing this before the "computer age", and it still works best for me.

I know that a few others will (most likely) tell me what I wrote is a waste of time, but for anyone interested, I thought it might be of some help. Happy cruising!:)

I tear out the maps from the brochure and take them with me. They are better then any map they will have available on board!!

I like maps. I like to know just where I am.;)

This tip was especially helpful to us when we had a promenade inside cabin. the deck plans are out of line with what is below on the promenade.

Due to some advice on these boards, i switched cabins to more in the center of the promenade instead of at the end (which i didn't realize until I lined up the deck plans)

Great advice OP !!

....A great tip for those who are looking for things to do while waiting for their next cruise!

I have to admit, I've done this myself. I've also cut up brochures for bits I've used in scrapbooking.

:) :)

This tip was especially helpful to us when we had a promenade inside cabin. the deck plans are out of line with what is below on the promenade.

Due to some advice on these boards, i switched cabins to more in the center of the promenade instead of at the end (which i didn't realize until I lined up the deck plans)

Great advice OP !!

We are going on our 1st Royal Caribbean Cruise next February and have booked 2 connecting Promanade Staterooms. Please tell me what rooms you had. I was confused at first because the ship plans did not line up. When I called RCCI the CS REP said that our rooms were in the center of the Promanade Rooms 6587 and 6589 are these in the middle of the Promanade? When I line up the plans as suggested it does look centered but I was hoping for some confirmation.

Thanks for your help.

S.

Archived