Web Cams on Celebrity?

sherry4

Can anyone tell me why Celebrity is no longer showing or supporting the webcams from the bridge etc. that they have in the past? All there is now is a notice saying "Highseas no longer supports webcams for Celebrity." It was always fun to see what the weather really was and where the various ships were.

sherry4

Is the bridge cam still being shown on the TV's in the cabins? We probably watched that more than anything on our last cruise.

Was wondering the same thing and you beat me to the question. Was planning on using it as my "window" during my upcoming cruise in an inside cabin.

Is the bridge cam still being shown on the TV's in the cabins? We probably watched that more than anything on our last cruise.

Yes it is. On the ships, the cams still work. Unfortunately they no longer broadcast the signals online.

The new Internet access on the ships is a big improvement over High Seas by the way: new computers, flat screens, much faster and cheaper as well.

I am hoping that once they have the new Internet up and running on all ships, they'll look into getting the cam signals broadcasted on the web again.

Cheers -

Floris

There are 2 open threads on this topic. Here is a message I put on the other one a few days ago.

I contacted RC and got the following reply;

'Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises have experienced technical difficulty with our webcams. Our IT team is working to bring them back online. Rest assured that we do not plan on terminating their use.'

There is hope then and I am very pleased to hear that they are still working on board.

Archived