Iguazu Falls pre-cruise option

rocket scientist

Plan on doing my own air and hotel to Iguazzo. Arriving in BA early morning. What are my transportation options & travel time to get to BA domestic airport for a flight to Iguazzo? What are my transportation options from Iguazzo airport to the Sheraton?:confused:

How long is the taxi ride from BA domestic to Princess Ship dock?:(

If I can not work out the schedule, I would opt to spend one night in a BA hotel leaving most of my luggage at the hotel then picking it up on my return for my Princess cruise. Anyone know of a nice hotel or two in a location that would make this plan work smoothly?:cool:

Hi-

We are spending three nights in Iguazzo after our Princess cruise. We have arranged to leave our excess baggage at our hotel. You can fly LAN (Chilean Air) or Argentine air which costs about $240+ pp roundtrip when you add the taxes. There are taxis at the Iguazzo airport that will take you to your hotel. The domestic airport in Buenos Aires as I understand (never been there) is a short ride from downtown, and convenient to the harbor where the cruise ships dock. All are easily accessible. Go to Trip Advisor, go to the Iguazzo Falls and Buenos Aires forums and you will find far better and more informed advice than this. I think getting from downtown to the domestic airport and the cruise ship harbor should not be a problem. The International Airport is much further however. Trip Advisor also has a guest ranking of all BA hotels and maps with distances (so you can check to make sure this info is accurate) and select a convenient hotel. We use this in all our travels to pick hotels and find it very helpful. Let me know if you find any of this info inaccurate. Good luck and enjoy. When is your sail date?

Thea

Plan on doing my own air and hotel to Iguazzo. Arriving in BA early morning. What are my transportation options & travel time to get to BA domestic airport for a flight to Iguazzo? What are my transportation options from Iguazzo airport to the Sheraton?:confused:

If I can not work out the schedule, I would opt to spend one night in a BA hotel leaving most of my luggage at the hotel then picking it up on my return for my Princess cruise. Anyone know of a nice hotel or two in a location that would make this plan work smoothly?:cool:

Oh and the flight from BA to Iguazzo takes about 1 hour 45 minutes. The In'tl airport seems pretty seems some distance from the domestic one so you may want to check this out.....I'm just guessing??? Maybe an hour commute? Does anyone know?

Thea

PSS and final note. My husband says the trip from the Int'l airport to downtown is approx 45 min-1 hour. Hope this helps.

Thea

PSS and final note. My husband says the trip from the Int'l airport to downtown is approx 45 min-1 hour. Hope this helps.

Thea

I am hoping someone responds on the distance from the International airport to the domestic. We are looking at Continental Flights for 2009 and it looks like they get into BA at around 10:00am (so not that early). Which LAN flight should we take to Iguazu falls if we want to go right there and later flight back the next day? I know that's not that much time but makes the most sense since we will have a hotel in BA by 3:00pm (the following day) as part of our cruise cost. We were thinking of the Sheraton for one night.

Hi-

We are spending three nights in Iguazzo after our Princess cruise. We have arranged to leave our excess baggage at our hotel. You can fly LAN (Chilean Air) or Argentine air which costs about $240+ pp roundtrip when you add the taxes. There are taxis at the Iguazzo airport that will take you to your hotel. The domestic airport in Buenos Aires as I understand (never been there) is a short ride from downtown, and convenient to the harbor where the cruise ships dock. All are easily accessible. Go to Trip Advisor, go to the Iguazzo Falls and Buenos Aires forums and you will find far better and more informed advice than this. I think getting from downtown to the domestic airport and the cruise ship harbor should not be a problem. The International Airport is much further however. Trip Advisor also has a guest ranking of all BA hotels and maps with distances (so you can check to make sure this info is accurate) and select a convenient hotel. We use this in all our travels to pick hotels and find it very helpful. Let me know if you find any of this info inaccurate. Good luck and enjoy. When is your sail date?

Thea

Sail on 3/6 with Star Princess. Have booked Marriott Plaza for 3/3 and am in the process of booking Sheraton Iguazu for 2 niters, they also offer to book air for guests. Thanks for the feedback & Air price to help me compare the Sheraton air. ;) The cruise dock is about 10 to 15 minutes from Marriott, so taxies are the way to go.:) I have a guy named Dante Proano that has airport transportation picking us up in BA. He has a website and seems to have good references.

Archived