Athens taxi

we would like to get a taxi in the port only to take us to the Acropolis and drop us off. Reviews here have suggested that many taxis do not want to do this. Are there taxis waiting at the port? What would be a reasonable fare for this. Thank-you

We took a taxi to go to Acropolis, but we didn't do it directly from the port. Originally we planned to walk to the metro station and rode the metro. After walking 5 or 10 minutes, we found lots of taxis on the street. I really cannot remember how much we paid, but it would be no more than 20 euros for our family of 5.

So, if you cannot find a taxi right in front of the port, walk to the metro station. You will find many on your way. If unfortunately you cannot find any taxi with reasonable price, then you can always take the metro.

we would like to get a taxi in the port only to take us to the Acropolis and drop us off. Reviews here have suggested that many taxis do not want to do this. Are there taxis waiting at the port? What would be a reasonable fare for this. Thank-you

I found this website, and thought it was interesting and helpful. I don't know how often it is updated, so prices may be wrong, but it gives some useful info on all the different ports, how to get around and what's a must see, and he seems to not be afraid to go independently.

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Rome.htm

The costs over there now are very prohibitive to me. I just can't see paying 80 EUR for a taxi ride or even a tour. I plan to walk in the ports that are close enough to the pier, then will take ships tours in some ports. I do know from my past land travels in Europe that it is sometimes very difficult to get by when you don't speak the language, so an English speaking tour guide could make a big difference. Have a great trip!

We will be with you on this cruise and are taking the metro - I found this link that gives excellent directions. You might consider it!

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Athens3.htm

see you soon,ben

Taxis are available in front of the terminal and the fare to the Acropolis is 9 euros according to this site on Athens

http://www.athensguide.com/

Archived