OBC - Is there any way to check before leaving?

Hi-

Is there any way to check whether your OBC that was promised by your TA is in fact in your account - prior to sailing? I've repeatedly asked my TA how I know that it's been put into my account, and he has yet to answer. I know of two other cc members that went through this same agent, and their OBC was never put in their account. They are back from their cruises now, and have yet to receive the money. In one case (as in mine) the amount was clearly shown on the invoice sent by the company. I'm pretty skeptical about actually seeing mine when I sail on June 10th, based on my history with this TA, and the others I've talked to.

Is the invoice sent by the TA a "legal document" of sorts, or does it really not mean anything at all? If it is a legal document, how can they get away without posting the obc when it's clearly written on the invoice?

Thanks!

Hi cayenneblue

I had the same problem recently and did not have anything in writing about the OBC. I rang RCCL direct (even though I booked through a TA) and just asked them to check my booking to see if any OBC was showing on my account. They confirmed that there was nothing on the system and did tell me that if the TA are paying the OBC themselves, sometimes it doesnt get paid in until the day before you sail. Apparently this is because if you cancel the week before etc, the TA cannot get this money back.

If RCCL say that the OBC is not showing, I would contact the TA and say that you have spoken to RCCL who say that there is nothing on the account for you. Depending on when you sail, I would keep checking with RCCL and informing the TA until the OBC is in place.

Good Luck & Happy Cruising

Chubbas XX

Archived