Accommodations

We're doing an Alaskan cruise sailing from Vancouver on June 10 & we haven't received our cruise documents yet :eek: . I won the cruise & the only thing I have from NCL is my confirmation number & cabin number. I kind of feel as tho I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. . . . .

Since we're flying into Vancouver the night before, I need to make hotel arrangements for Saturday night and figure out how we get from the aiport to the hotel and then to the terminal.

I assume we sail from the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and I suppose it's better to get a hotel closer to the terminal rather than one near the airport???

Do hotels near the terminal provide transportation from the airport to the hotel and then to the terminal?

Any suggestions??? Recommendations??

Thanks!

Harley

I stayed at the Buchan Hotel. which is close to Standley Park in Vancouver. Its an older hotel but very clean and a friendly staff. Good enough for me for a night. :o A taxi to downtown can't be that expensive on the day you are to arrive at the pier. Enjoy your cruise. !

NCL is using non paper documents pretty much for all cruises - have you tried going to their website and using the guest registration feature. If you have the confirmation number and room number you should be okay.

NCL sails from Canada Place - in most cases you will be less than a mile from the pier - if you were to stay at the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront - no need for a taxi as they are located at the Pier and the bell hops will take you baggage down to the embarkation area.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Few if any Hotels in the downtown area have free courtesy shuttle. So you have two options.

#1 pay for a transfer/limo/shuttle/cab to down town hotel when you arrive.

see official YVR website for Transportation to/from the airport.

#2. Stay out near the aiport and use their shuttles . (Hotels out there are cheaper)

and then return to the airport and do #1 the day you leave.

Budget hotels are few and far between downtown. Check the Chains for lowest rates.

If you stay downtown you likely will have to use a cab to Canada Place. I se elsewhere you have figured out that's where you leave from.

Archived