driving to pier?????

monkll

GOING ON THE DAWN OUT OF NYC... THOUGHT WE WOULD TAKE A SHUTTLE FROM NJ, BUT AFTER GETTING PRICES WHICH WERE ABSURD, WE DECIDED TO DRIVE..ANY TIPS? IS IT HARD TO FIND? IS THERE A PLACE TO PARK? WHERECAN I FIND DIRECTIONS? TX!:rolleyes:

GOING ON THE DAWN OUT OF NYC... THOUGHT WE WOULD TAKE A SHUTTLE FROM NJ, BUT AFTER GETTING PRICES WHICH WERE ABSURD, WE DECIDED TO DRIVE..ANY TIPS? IS IT HARD TO FIND? IS THERE A PLACE TO PARK? WHERECAN I FIND DIRECTIONS? TX!:rolleyes:

You can park directly at the pier. Price is about $180 for a week or so. From NJ, take the George Washington across to Manhattan, and immediately get on the Westside highway heading south... You'll want to get off around 54th street for the pier... you will see signs. Drive up the ramps and drop off your luggage first with the porters/stevadores and then park the car.

The pier is located between 54th and 49th street or so off of 12th Ave. from the GWB, it's easy to get to.

We have driven a few times, and taken the train as well... so you DO have options if you don't want to drive.

I Have An 11 Moth Old With Me.. If I Take The Train Do I Need To Take A Taxi From Train Station To Pier?

I am assuming this is not a 1-nighter, so you will have a decent amount of luggage, so you have two choices... you can take a cab (best option) or bus down to 12th ave from either Penn Station or Grand Central, depending on which station you arrive at.

Cab can drop you off right on 12th Ave at 50th street directly across from the elevators going up to the terminals. Its usually not very expensive, and it's very easy. Just give the cabbie the address of 12th and 50th. He doesnt have to wait in the line of cars going up the ramp to the terminal that way (Tell him next to the Hustler Club if that helps).

If you ARE on a 1-nighter, and you dont have any or much luggage at all, then you could walk assuming you have a stroller and the weather is acceptable. Using the subway you could get to 8th ave at 51st, and its only a few blocks from there.

THE CAB WOULD BE THE EASIEST BUT......... NO CAR SEAT IN THE CAB AND 3 FULL SUITCASES AND A STROLLER IN TRUNK? IM NOT SURE IT WOULD FIT?? NEVER THOUGHT TRAVELING WITH INFANTS WOULD MAKE THE EASIEST THING DIFFICULT!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR TIPS I APPRECIATE THEM:p

Archived