Howard Johnson Inn Plaza de Armas Old San Juan

paulli

Anyone stayed at the Howard Johnson in Old San Juan and particularly in one of their King Bed Suites? If so, what did you think? We are planning on staying there two nights pre cruise in December. Is it within practical walking distance of Pier 4 in OSJ?

Thanks,

Paul

HJ is at least 15 minutes down hill walk to Pier 4 in OSJ. If you have to walk with some luggages, it can be difficult. Sheraton in Old San juan is direct across from the pier. The hotel is newer and the roof top pool is nice.

This is going to sound like an oxymoron, but the HJ Plaza las Armas has a boutique feel to it. It is smack in the center of the city. The mayors mansion is right there. Great location.

You can travel down the pier 4. It is downhill, but the sidewalks are very narrow and there are cobblestone streets. Personally, I'd walk it, but I travel with my luggage on my back when needed (I have backpack convertable luggage and I'd use that feature on that walk).

If you are young, healthy, easy going, and like exercise you can walk it. If you have a low threshold in any of the areas above, you'll want to take the 3 minute taxi ride.

Archived