Cruising RCCL

How did you become a RCCL addict? Is there a special 'love' story behind it, or is it just something you do?

I was a land snob. I always thought you cruisers were crazy. Who would want to be "stuck" on a ship with a 1000 other people and invade a small island all at the same time.....UM ME! LOL. I went on my first cruise last fall (Oct 07) aboard Jewel. I had such a beautiful experience, I was NOT stuck, as a matter of fact, I didn't have enough time to really enjoy the ship! Now I can not stop researching and planning cruises.

So whats your story..........

I became a cruise addict before becoming a fan of RCI. IMHO there is nothing that compares to cruising. It gives something for everyone to enjoy.

The Navgator of the Seas made me a RCI fan. Love the ship and the crew was one of the best that I have ever experienced on a ship. The Navigator will always be on the top of my list of cruise ships and now RCI is the top choice for me when it comes to cruising.:)

Well.Actually..Its more like being stuck with 3000-4000 of your CF's lol

But..To answer the question.

I took my first in 82 with the then 1000 others....And loved it..Took 2 more on NCL the next 5 years...Then only 2 for the next 15 years Premier,Carnival.

Then fast forward to 98 A couple more disasters on Carnival tubs...ie Jubilee.Celebration.Then finally as luck would have it RCI had Rhapsody in NO and took a cruise to nowhere (long story)...Finally RCI brought Rhapsody to Galveston and I realized what a cruise was suppossed to be like.After 3 more on Rhapsody and 1 on Mariner...Its going to take a lot to make me quit.!!1

Well.Actually..Its more like being stuck with 3000-4000 of your CF's lol

But..To answer the question.

I took my first in 82 with the then 1000 others....And loved it..Took 2 more on NCL the next 5 years...Then only 2 for the next 15 years Premier,Carnival.

Then fast forward to 98 A couple more disasters on Carnival tubs...ie Jubilee.Celebration.Then finally as luck would have it RCI had Rhapsody in NO and took a cruise to nowhere (long story)...Finally RCI brought Rhapsody to Galveston and I realized what a cruise was suppossed to be like.After 3 more on Rhapsody and 1 on Mariner...Its going to take a lot to make me quit.!!1

Cat, it wont be long before your Voyager cruise is here. I can remember when you started planning that it seemed so long away time wise. I guess time does fly when you're having fun.

I know its kinda crazy...I am almost to the point now where I want time to slow down..cause its summertime and a few getaways planned.Then its Fall before ya know it..Thanksgiving Christmas...And then its here.:p

Looks like my cruising heels may be slowed a bit after that...

We are trying to plan a 08 summer trip to Okinawa to see the Daughter SIL and new baby...But Looking for a special cruise in 09 for our Anniversary.May even look at a Windjammer.If not then all out on a suite.:D

I fell in love with RCCL because the line caused my DH to fall in love with cruising in general. I had cruised before, he had not, and I tried for years to convince DH we should plan one together. He finally agreed (I think it was to shut me up ;) ) and off we went on a 7 night EOS cruise. I was worried the entire trip. Was he having fun? Was he bored? On the last night we were enjoying a cocktail on deck watching the beautiful sunset as we departed our last port. He turned to me and asked "can we go again in six months?" Thank goodness he was hooked! This began our loyalty to RCCL. We've never had a bad cruise thanks to the great staff.

I had taken several cruises as a child when I was growing up but at the time it just seemed like any other vacation to me - at the time all I cared about was the pool, lol. Then we went on a family cruise last year with about 20 of us all together and it was probably one of the best vacations I have ever been on. There's just so many choices and things to do - definitely enough to keep everyone happy.

I love being able to visit different ports within one vacation versus a land vacation where you are "stuck" in one place for a week. I can't explain it - after our last cruise I was definitely hooked:D

And while we haven't been on RCCL yet - I'm sure we'll love it :D :D I'm still in the research/planning phase for spring 2008 - looking at the Freedom or Liberty maybe??

I originally started cruising in the 80's...in my younger years I went on (I KNOW I KNOW) Carnival. But for me at the time it was the "party" boat not to mention it was cheaper. As you can see it by my signature info it was a long time before I cruised again and it was w/RCCL. When I started my present job about 14yrs ago I met a man who is a very good friend now (and my cruise mentor if there is such a thing)...all we did is talk cruise (he has been on alot of cruises and will choose RCCL any day but also likes Celebrity which is also owned by RCCL) and even then it was some time before I took another. I'm single (yes still) and couldn't always get travel companions. But in 2004 a friend of my decided to get married in St.Thomas and we had a wedding cruise on RCCL's Explorer.....well I always thought cruising was the way to go and this just re-affirmed it. I was hooked again. It is your car, hotel, food, and if you are bored its your own darn fault there is just so much to do. Well after that a friend from work she & her husband & I decided to take one together in 2005 on the Jewel from from Boston however they had to cancel, everyone thought I wouldn't go but I said the heck with them all and went on it all by my self. I live in the Boston area so it was a very easy decision. I had the best time I have ever had. I met so many people first through CC's Roll Call board and then on the ship itself. I loved the Jewel and will always have a soft spot for it because it was the one I solo'ed on. Unfortunately I can't cruise as often as I like but I will anytime I can....."solo" or not. I have another one planned with some friends and relatives for next April and I can't wait.....It is on the Liberty so hopefully the virus will be gone by then. I try to convert everyone I talk to..but I always tell them either you "LOVE IT" or you don't there is "NO" in between.

Archived