Promanode Room

I actually took photos of the one on the Voyager - even the one with the connecting door. I need to wait for my camera to come back so that I can up load them for you.... so you'll need to give me a few more days.

I was actually looking for a promenade room on one of the ships & didn't see any that were w/c accessible. Guess I didn't look hard enough. I am going to call Royal sometime & ask. Do post those for us Moeve when you get them!

Thanks!

The one handicap accessible promenade room on all the Voyager class ships is very nice. It's long and skinny, and has a love seat right at the window. If you sit (lay) in it at night -- 10:30 p.m. the first night you feel like a madam in Amsterdam -- but can see the 10 minute parade taking place in the promenade quite nicely. It overlooks the drugstore and is very nice for people watching. HOWEVER, you also overlook the other side of the promenade -- more rooms and can see in them if not closed up -- which means they can see in yours. So, you must keep the drapes closed at all times if you don't want people looking in.

It's in a nice location near the elevators - mid ship and has a roll-in shower and enough room in the room to move equipment around in. If priced right, a bargain.

Sorry, it's not a loveseat, more like a built in ledge with pillows -- you would not be able to see down unless you were propped up in the window -- seeing from a wheelchair I think would only access you vision to the next room across from you and not down (3) decks of rooms to see the actual parade.

Better off being down there and in front of say the (Sport Bar or Irish Bar). They rope off the area on both sides about 15 minutes prior, so if you are there on the first night by 10:00 a.m., you'd be in good shape putting the wheelchair right in front. You might even make the video. The room is nice though, but I don't think he could see down!

Archived