When is the Castaway Club reception?

I can't be of much help since the reception on our 3-day was held in the afternoon while we were in Nassau so we missed it (I think it was at 4 pm). I know they serve drinks and snacks but I don't know what else they do at the reception.

No discounts on services that I'm aware of, too many repeat cruisers on DCL.

I dont remember when it was but they leave an invitation in your room the day ahead of time and youmust bring it to get in.

They had cookies, pop, coffee, rice krispy mickey treats, and punch.

They had a trivia game to fill out and you mingle with other guests and CM's to get some answers.

Captain gave a short speech and then they had a drawing where they gave away some nice clocks that cant be bought anywhere.

It use to be like a cocktail party with shrimp and other snacks and drinks and punch but now it is down scaled a lot.

It does tend to get crowded some times and can take up 2 clubs , so arrive on time to get a seat.

mom x4,grandma x4

We took our 8th Disney Cruise over Christmas 2006 - the reception was held during the day (instead of at night). Was scaled back a great deal - sodas, rice krispy treats, etc. Since there were more than 50% of the ship on a repeat trip, I suspect it's too expensive to do complimentary drinks, finger foods, etc.

They did have to hold it in two lounges - again because of the numbers of repeat cruisers. At some point (soon), I suspect nearly everyone will be a repeat cruiser. We have also noticed that the quality of the Castaway Club gifts has greatly diminshed as well. In past years we've gotten great beach towels that aren't available anywhere else, great travel blankets for the first West Coast cruise, etc.

At Christmas, we got 2 plastic cups, a mesh beach backpack with two tiny tubes of sunscreen - there were 4 of us cruising.

Archived