Zipline Booking

yonich

We're travelling this summer on Princess, and would like to do the zipline tours. Can I book this tour ahead of time, and with what company? Or, do I just get a taxi once we're on the island? There are no RCCL ships there the same day as us. I've been to www.loteriefarm.com but I didn't see any information - the website didn't even look like it was related.

IMHO, I'd strongly suggest skipping the zipline in St. Maarten. It's not a particularly lush or forested island, so you won't get the full zipline experience as in, say, Jamaica or Grenada.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this on our own in June. We took a cab there ($26) and began as soon as Loterie opened. It costed $4o pp and took a little over an hour to complete. We had 6 people in our group. Here are a few pics showing the different things you cross:

2175281050101621881sSoiuQ_th.jpg2467844200101621881EpeORL_th.jpg2881114160101621881XNJPFJ_th.jpg2406700920101621881XMmeBI_th.jpg2806128020101621881fNRLRY_th.jpg

I've been looking too for this kind of info. Thanks! Also the web site to look at pics.

I did a search on Royal Carribean (we are on Mariner in Jan.) and it seems the cost for the zipline is the same, $84. So are there others out there who had fun doing this? What do ya all think?

MAO

Thanks so much for the helpful post. Our family wants to do this in December. 4 teens and 2 preteens. Did you have to make any type of reservations at the farm? We want to do the yacht racing in the afternoon. How much time should we allow to do the ziplining including the transportation? One more question, were you glad you did the zipping on St. Martin? We will be on other islands who have zip lines but doing it in st. martin fits into our plans the best. Thanks again! Kim

I think your family will love the zipline in St. Maarten, especially if you have never done anything like it before. We had never ziplined, so we had nothing to compare it to. I have heard other places are much better, higher, etc. We did not have any type of reservation. I had emailed them but never got a respsonse. We took a taxi as soon as we could get off the ship. We actually got there before they opened, but that was our plan. We were on Carnival and new Royal Car. had a tour that would be there soon, so we wanted to be there well before that. They let us take our camera, and there was not a photographer taking pictures of us as I had read before. That may be limilted to the tour via the ship. We enjoyed it. Be sure to wear something comfortable, definately tennis shoes, and you should be fine. Our teens loved it. It was my sons favorite thing from the trip!

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this is the same excursion offered by HAL:

Hidden Forest Adventure Hike & French Marigot

DURATION: Approximately 3 1/2 hours

PRICE: $59 Adult $59 Child

Strenuous Activity

Combine a rain forest hike with an island overview and some time in Marigot. The one-hour hike from Loterie Farm covers a trail through forest canopy up to the heights of Pic Paradis. Stop in Marigot at the market, where you will have time to explore and shop for local handicrafts, tropical art, Caribbean spices and Creole produce, returning to the ship by coach.

Archived