Caribbean Princess Review - Western Itinerary – 7/31/04-8/7/04 PART 1

Suncat

Yikes!!!!
OMG - You and I and BL on-line at the same time...What are the chances? Pretty damn good I think! Hope you both are having a great weekend. 80 in Seattle today and has been great weather since we got back! I sort of miss sweating to death though in Cozumel! At least there was a shot of tequila and a huge Margarita on every corner to help out with the heat!

Stay tuned for more - I'll write later - I have to finish the unpacking and clean my house!!!:D

Suncat, Thanks for the review...Glad you got back before the hurricane starts...Hope the current cruisers will arrive safe today...

We are booked for the CP, western itinerary, departing from FLL a week from today!!! We were hoping for a good family vacation before our daughter goes back to school, and hope this vacation won't be adversely affected by the aftermath of the storms...

Questions for you: (1) Is there 24 hr food availabilitythrough the Horizon Ct/Lido or room service as listed on the Princess booklet? (Some past cruisers posted that there were no 24 hr food service back in 05/2004)

(2) Which specific beaches did you enjoy? We are looking for a beach without jellyfishes in the water (our daughter got bitten many times in the Carribean in the past and not thrilled about that...)

Glad to hear Princess Carribean is a destination by itself...We did not have time to do much research on the ports and excursions this time (like our previous Mediterranean cruise); but hope to be able to relax, have fun, and leave all concerns (work) behind for a week...

Kim

Oh, it sounds, and LOOKS, like you all had a GREAT time!!! Thanks for the review, Suncat, and the video. We've always skipped Island Night...........guess we wont any more! Thanks, too, to LunaMoon for her great pictures. Now I guess we'll HAVE to go on the Caribbean Princess!

I can't wait for your next cruise, just to read your review. What fun!

Suncat,

I can't keep away from these boards at all after meeting all of you. I am so anxious to see if any of you are on them.

Weather is a bit wet and muggy here today. It has been very hot here all week also.

We are hoping not to catch the tail end of Charley. I really feel for all the people in his path.

Questions for you: (1) Is there 24 hr food availabilitythrough the Horizon Ct/Lido or room service as listed on the Princess booklet? (Some past cruisers posted that there were no 24 hr food service back in 05/2004)

I know there is 24 hour room service and we used it a couple times at 3-4 am.

I know the Cafe Caribe has a restaurant style service with a limited menu open until 4 am - We had an omelete there at about 2 am one night!

The Horizon Court Buffet closes down at 1 or 2 am - I think. Anyone out there no any differnt from me?

(2) Which specific beaches did you enjoy? We are looking for a beach without jellyfishes in the water (our daughter got bitten many times in the Carribean in the past and not thrilled about that...)

Princess Cays is a nice Beach - I heard of no jellyfish there, also we went to 7 mile beach on Grand Cayman - that is one beautiful beach. I'm not sure about jelly fish there. sorry.

PART 3

Let’s see – where did I leave off. Oh yah…Day 3 was the first formal night a Sea Day and my day to make my “makeover” appearance in Club Fusion in the “If they could see me now” show.

Day 3 was a great Sunny Sea Day – We got up late today – 8am… – Had our regular room service breakfast, Bloody Mary’s, Coffee and Egg’s Benedict and headed out to the Terrace Pool by 9am. We found 2 lounge chairs just outside Café Caribe and settled in the shade for a couple hours. It’s beautiful back there watching and listening to the wake! I left and went up to the top deck to catch some sun and then we had a Sushi and Chinese Food Lunch from Horizon Court. We saw our CC group out there around 12 and that’s when I told them I would be in the Club Fusion show at 3:15. I went to get my hair and make-up done again for the show at 1:30 and they all came to see me at the show. It was pretty embarrassing as they show the video of before and then a bunch of film shot running around the ship and then the final product. It was a great time though. I appreciate the great haircut and make-up, especially as it was formal night and I was all ready to go… They also gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne.

After the makeover show we played the horse races with Graham (yes Graham is really as great a CD as they all say he is). He can make any kind of snide comment he wants and it’s all ok in the end because of his English accent! It’s quite something to behold. He is a comedian, actor, dancer, singer, “know it all” kind of guy that there is no way you can dislike – He is Crazy! The horse races are also in Club Fusion and they are fun, plus you get freebies like Princess Playing Cards (WOW) Well…they make great souvenirs!

Went to Dinner at the Palm dinning room again in our formalwear and planned to meet our new friends Jan and Karen at 7pm. We met Jan and Karen and low and behold down the aft stairway walks Luna & Mr. Moon – they joined us for dinner as well. We all had 7pm reservations so they put us altogether. Very accommodating! Hmmh – I think tonight we ate….Halibut? My god it’s all running together. I do remember Luna ordering to her hearts content though, especially the deserts and at one point she was going to have the entire left side of the menu which consisted of 5 or 6 entrée’s and 2 salads and 3 appetizers! (She is not a large women so I don’t know where she planned on putting all this food!) Crazy!

After dinner we went to Scott Wyler in the Explorer’s lounge. Earlier in the cruise – I think the first day, we meet a couple on the promenade deck who knew Scott Wyler personally, that’s why they chose to come on the ship. Scott has over 250 punch lines and is very good. We caught his R rated show on Cozumel/Thursday night and everyone was so tired at midnight I think it would have been better to do the show earlier in order to follow his act better. He even admitted this night was tough as everyone has a really long hot, margarita infested day and they may not even be awake!

I think it was the same night – we went to the Midnight James “the kid” Michael Show in Club Fusion? Like I said before – it’s all running together now! Anyway our whole (all 8 of us) group meet there and sat in the front row. You know what happens when you sit in the front row at an adult comedy show – I am sure my good friend Julie will not tell you, so….I will. This poor helpless, Julie, very innocent, beautiful, little gal was picked by James Michael to come be his assistant on stage. Note…This guy is crazy, sweating profusely – out of his mind, very quick witted, potty mouth comedian, magician. He was telling dirty jokes and doing magic at the same time. All of his jokes had very adult content to them and they were pretty gross, but still funny. Anyway, Mr. Michael has little Julie up on a stool in her beautiful black full length sexy beaded formal gown, sitting up on a stool. He hand her a wrapped condom (she just about looses her mind here, as she is so innocent, you know and now she is known as CL – Condom Lady) He asks her to open it and she really doesn’t want to, but there’s the peer pressure you know and the crowd is cheering and clapping and she really has no choice, so she does, all the while making a face as though this is a very foreign thing to her…???? At this Point Mr. Michael blind folds her and indicates he is pouring vodka into a cup. She is holding the cup and he stretches the condom over the opening of the cup and then asks “CL” to think dirty thoughts. He keeps saying this and as he is saying it the condom start to get bigger and bigger. She of course can’t see this as she is blind folded, and of course everyone else is laughing. It was very funny to watch. Julie/CL was a very good sport!

Stayed Tuned for More…

Jamaica, Marlinmike’s Suite Party and the Balcony Dinner Experience!

Keep it coming ML, (don't forget the stories about CL, and the cabin parties you and the marlins threw!, and what about when we had dinner together and the waiter tried to take my plate.....hahahahahha)

I left this off -----Oh no!!! How could I forget. We are finshing up our entree's and the waiter comes by and I think he asks if he can take a virtually empty plate from you and you say: "NO, I'm not finished" the waiter was shocked and we were all looking at your plate wondering what in the heck you had left to eat. (there was virtually nothing left - maybe a tidbit and some sauce, but that's it) You were getting your money's worth here...

Luna, what did the waiter do after this? I know it was funny...

That waiter was so great, and fell right into the comedy of it all!

Well, it all begin when our waiter came to take my order after going around the table, and I said with a straight face, "I'll have everything on the right side of the menu." He just stood there with his pencil frozen in the air, clearly not sure what to do. Then, of course, he immediately realized I was kidding, when Mrs. Suncat burst out laughing, and he proceeded to give me the biggest grin.

Sooo, I was totally enjoying my dinner entree, and cleaning the plate with a nice chunk of crusty bread, when the waiter leaned over my right side, and said a routine, "Madame are you done," making a very unwise movent towards my plate. I replied quickly, "No!", which I'm sure he never usually hears as an answer, and he did a great Groucho-like double-take.........hahahahaha :D

For the rest of the meal (Suncat was sitting right next to me), this same waiter had a twinkle in his eye, and made the most hilarious silent gestures, pretending to be scared of going anywhere near my empty plates :eek:

Then, when dessert time came around, our charming waiter brought me 3 different desserts to try, even though I restrained myself and ordered only one.........they were all yummy (yes, I did try to share with everyone :) ).

That is the story, I think......:D

That waiter was so great, and fell right into the comedy of it all!

Well, it all begin when our waiter came to take my order after going around the table, and I said with a straight face, "I'll have everything on the right side of the menu." He just stood there with his pencil frozen in the air, clearly not sure what to do. Then, of course, he immediately realized I was kidding, when Mrs. Suncat burst out laughing, and he proceeded to give me the biggest grin.

Sooo, I was totally enjoying my dinner entree, and cleaning the plate with a nice chunk of crusty bread, when the waiter leaned over my right side, and said a routine, "Madame are you done," making a very unwise movent towards my plate. I replied quickly, "No!", which I'm sure he never usually hears as an answer, and he did a great Groucho-like double-take.........hahahahaha :D

For the rest of the meal (Suncat was sitting right next to me), this same waiter had a twinkle in his eye, and made the most hilarious silent gestures, pretending to be scared of going anywhere near my empty plates :eek:

Then, when dessert time came around, our charming waiter brought me 3 different desserts to try, even though I restrained myself and ordered only one.........they were all yummy (yes, I did try to share with everyone :) ).

That is the story, I think......:D

Thanks for the story, in your own words. It was funny!!!!;)

i have a theory that perhaps Princess knows who the cruise critics are.....

there seems to be a high number of us who have won "If they could sea me now"

Maria

Hmmh - Maybe? Did you win it too!!!!

I won on the sailing just before yours, although I was probably the only male that entered it. Next time I'll be a little more careful with what I sign up for :). But I did have a good time clowning around with Scott and Ms Lovely. My hair was already short, so there wasn't a whole lot they could do there, but my nails have never been as shiny and smooth. Did I really just say that???

Suncat,

I can't believe those people at your table. Thank goodness you met some nice ones later! We had people like that at our assigned table....we alled them the dementors (those soul/joy sucking demons from Harry Potter). We loved our other table mates so it was quite a conundrum. We ended up just laughing at them and ignoring them. I love when they recount all of the terrible things that have happened in all of their travels and how they handled them (we threw the mattress in the hall....). I just always thank the dear Lord i only have to listen to it and not live it!

Loving, loving, loving your review. Don't stop. We are on her in 40 days (not that I am counting!) :p

Jen

Suncat, please stop, you're torturing me!!!!!!:p What an awesome review! We we're on the 7/10/04 - 7/17/04 western and we also had a wonderful time. Its been 4 weeks since we got off the ship and I'm still on cloud 9. I come around here everyday to get the latest and hear from people like you who have experienced what we have and also to relive the anticipation of people who are about to embark on a dream vaction like we did. I remember waiting at the airport to fly back home and seeing people with the Princess Cruises luggage tags getting in cabs and buses knowing all to well where they were going and thinking to myself....."DAMN, they're going on a cruise on MY ship.....no fair, please, please, please take me with you!" They didn't lister:(! I'm thinking I need medication to get me over this disembarking depression I'm feeling. Hey, I've got a great idea, maybe I can see my doctor so he can prescibe a cruise for my ailment! Hopefully my HMO will cover it! Wooohooooo!! Someone slap me please, I can't take it anymore:eek:! Wake up Paul, wake up Paul!!! Welcome back to reality!! I don't want to.............I want to cruise NOW!!

Sorry guys!:) Feel free to ignore my future posts! LOL

[quote name='jeffkirsh']I won on the sailing just before yours, although I was probably the only male that entered it. Next time I'll be a little more careful with what I sign up for :). But I did have a good time clowning around with Scott and Ms Lovely. My hair was already short, so there wasn't a whole lot they could do there, but my nails have never been as shiny and smooth. Did I really just say that???[/QUOTE]
You are too Funny!!! I bet you had the best nails out of any man on the ship! It's ok for men to be pampered too, REALLY!:D

[quote name='KUSydney']Oh my God stop the madness and post already!

Tell me all about the crew... who did you meet, anyone I just adored on my trip back in June?

I'm so jealous, and I cant wait... 124 days for me![/QUOTE]
[color=magenta]Sydney:[/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]I'm at work now on my Lunch and will have to post when I get home. I'm thinking your review has way outdone what I have to post - you guys are awesome...I was so hooked when you were revieweing.... TUNE IN TONIGHT for Jamaica and Grand Cayman - Days 3&4!!!![/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
:D

[quote name='Mr.&Mrs.Cruise']Suncat, please stop, you're torturing me!!!!!!:p What an awesome review! We we're on the 7/10/04 - 7/17/04 western and we also had a wonderful time. Its been 4 weeks since we got off the ship and I'm still on cloud 9. I come around here everyday to get the latest and hear from people like you who have experienced what we have and also to relive the anticipation of people who are about to embark on a dream vaction like we did. I remember waiting at the airport to fly back home and seeing people with the Princess Cruises luggage tags getting in cabs and buses knowing all to well where they were going and thinking to myself....."DAMN, they're going on a cruise on MY ship.....no fair, please, please, please take me with you!" They didn't lister:(! I'm thinking I need medication to get me over this disembarking depression I'm feeling. Hey, I've got a great idea, maybe I can see my doctor so he can prescibe a cruise for my ailment! Hopefully my HMO will cover it! Wooohooooo!! Someone slap me please, I can't take it anymore:eek:! Wake up Paul, wake up Paul!!! Welcome back to reality!! I don't want to.............I want to cruise NOW!!

[color=deepskyblue][b]GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME TOO - IT'S QUITE A VACATION!!!! MORE TO COME;) [/b][/color]

[quote name='Julia & David Smith']All I can say is I no longer feel alone. Seems we all feel the same way after disembarking. BooHoo.[/QUOTE]
HI JULIE!!!!

I thought I scared you away after my somewhat rough explanation of the "CL" comedy event!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Talk to you soon!

[quote name='jennat']Suncat,

I can't believe those people at your table. Thank goodness you met some nice ones later! We had people like that at our assigned table....we alled them the dementors (those soul/joy sucking demons from Harry Potter). We loved our other table mates so it was quite a conundrum. We ended up just laughing at them and ignoring them. I love when they recount all of the terrible things that have happened in all of their travels and how they handled them (we threw the mattress in the hall....). I just always thank the dear Lord i only have to listen to it and not live it!

Loving, loving, loving your review. Don't stop. We are on her in 40 days (not that I am counting!) :p

Jen[/QUOTE]
THANKS JEN & OF COURSE YOU ARE COUNTING!!!!!!:p

Archived