HAL's land tour/Fairbanks,Denali, Anchorage?

gonnago

Has anyone ever taken this particular route? We will disembark in Seward; travel motorcoach to Anchorage; fly then to Fairbanks and overnight there after touring the Gold Dredge no. 8. Then board the McKinley Explorer to Denali(3.5 hours??) and the Tundra Wilderness Tour. Overnight at McKinley Chalets. Reboard the McKinley Explorer (6 or 8 hrs??)and overnight in Anchorage before flying home next day.

I am wondering how long we might have in Fairbanks and in Anchorage? And how long is the motorcoach ride from Seward to Anchorage? Beautiful scenery on that trip I have read.

"...First-time cruiser who is very, very excited....thanks to all of you!"

I replied elsewhere. Basically- you will bus from Seward- probably leaving early morning 0700?? About 3 hours- up grade to the rail if available- superior scenery. If you are on the bus - sit on the drivers side for the best views of the arm. Direct to the airport usually. You will be in Fairbanks in the afternoon. They will bus you to the gold dredge- no opportunity to see Fairbanks except on this drive by probably. But see if your hotel has the Pioneer Park pick up bus and go to the salmon bake and Palace theater show. Train leaves 0800 arrives Denali Park noon, Tundra Wilderness tour that afternoon. Next day you leave Denali park at noon arrive in Anchorage 8pm- so no, you don't have any time to tour Anchorage UNLESS you add a couple days- which I highly recommend- rent a car and see some of the area. icon_smile.gif

Archived