Restaurant in Grand Cayman

thoneycu

We are booked for the WaveRunner/Stingray/Rum Point Excursion at 9AM and it is supposed to only last about 2- 2 1/2 hours so we should get back around lunch time and hopefully have enough time to grab a bite to eat and do a little shopping. I know how expensive GC is but can anyone make a suggestion on where a family of 4 could grab lunch without breaking the bank and then do a little souvenir shopping that is close to everything? also want to go to the the rum factory. :D

We are booked for the WaveRunner/Stingray/Rum Point Excursion at 9AM and it is supposed to only last about 2- 2 1/2 hours so we should get back around lunch time and hopefully have enough time to grab a bite to eat and do a little shopping. I know how expensive GC is but can anyone make a suggestion on where a family of 4 could grab lunch without breaking the bank and then do a little souvenir shopping that is close to everything? also want to go to the the rum factory. :D

Last year after we did the Stingray Tour, we had lunch at Breezes. It's right there at the Pier and was really good. I didn't think the prices were bad for what we got. I think they have a website also. I do know that right by the restaurant is a place called Big Black Dick Premium Rum (I know you probably think I am joking but it's no lie, I even got my picture taken by the statue outside). They say it is the spirit of the Caribbean. There is also numerous souvenier shops right around that area. That is my experience in the Caymans. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

Last year after we did the Stingray Tour, we had lunch at Breezes. It's right there at the Pier and was really good. I didn't think the prices were bad for what we got. I think they have a website also. I do know that right by the restaurant is a place called Big Black Dick Premium Rum (I know you probably think I am joking but it's no lie, I even got my picture taken by the statue outside). They say it is the spirit of the Caribbean. There is also numerous souvenier shops right around that area. That is my experience in the Caymans. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks KK41!

There's a restaurant at Rum Point. You might check and see if your tour includes lunch.

I have the menu from Breezes and The Hard Rock. I'll look around for them and once I find them, I'll post them. :)

Just in case anyone is interested...I found the one the Hard Rock and Breezes menus. I do think there were more things on the menu, but this is all that was listed in the delivery service brochure.

The prices listed are Cayman money. I believe it was about 20% more for USD. Also, they will add the tip prior to giving you the bill.

Hard Rock Cafe

Santa Fe Spring Rolls- $8.95

Potato Skins-$8.95

Chicken Tenders-$9.95

Haystack Chicken Salad-$12.95

Onion Rings-$6.95

Twisted Mac & Cheese-$13.95

Blackened Chicken Pasta-$13.95

Jerk Chicken Sandwich-$9.50

BLT-$9.50

Chicken Club-$10.95

Cajun Chicken Sandwich-$10.95

Grilled chicken Fajitas-$18.95

Bacon Cheeseburger-$10.95

BBQ Ribs-$26.25

Grilled Chicken Breast-$13.95

Here's the menu from Breezes...

The bar menu isn't listed, but I remember they offered the following...

Coconut Shrimp (without the rice & peas, shoestring veggies and cornbread-it was $9.95, I believe. With the above items is on the regular menu).

Three small cheeseburgers (I think this came with fries.)

Crab cakes

Chicken Fingers

And a few other things, but I don't remember exactly. The bar menu had smaller portions or fewer side items on the menu. More sandwich/snack type things.

Regular Menu

Mango Greens...$8.25

Big Caesar with bacon 'n' garlic toast...$8.25

Cayman style conch Fritters & spicy Island dipping sauce...$6.25

Half pound, Peel 'n' Eat Shrimp! steamed in "Breezes Brew"...$10.95

Crispy Calamari "Misto" with Cho Cho & Pumpkin...$8.25

Curried Caribbean Samosas with yogurt "Raita" (mild) & firecracker jelly (hot)for dipping....$7.95

Classic Caribbean Crab Cakes...$9.25

House smoked Caribbean BBQ Ribs...$8.25

Cayman Conch Chowder bread Bowl with Bacon Crumbles...$6.25

Fresh Mussels! Kettle-cooked, three kinda way! *Creamy white & White wine*

*Mild Marinara Red* or *Lemon, Saffron & Thyme*...$9.95

Whole Fish Escovitch-Caribbean Yellowtail snapper, Island-style...$16.95

Juicy Jerk Glazed Pork Chop with mango chutney & mash...$15.95 (my middle son had this twice, he said it was really good)

Traditional, delicious West Indian Curry Chicken & Shrimp (mild, Island style) served with white rice * a pappadom crisp!...$13.95

Breezes' Kettle-Cooked Tropical Seafood Stew!-our signature spicy hot, "Fish Tea" with plenty of fish, shellfish & and good things. Real Hot...$11.95

10 oz. grilled sirloin o' beef with jerk butter & mash...$16.95

Today's Still Floppin' Fish-grilled-tomato & sweet pepper sauce, rice & peas, and veggie...$15.75

Red Stripe Dinner Plate-jerk chicken & ribs, rice & peas...$13.95

Tuna Melt-fresh grilled tuna steak "BLT" sandwich with jalapeno jack cheese & slaw...$10.50

Grilled sirloin steak & cheese sandwich...$11.95

Jerk chicken sandwich on "freshly baked bread" with cheese & slaw...$8.95

Rasta Pasta Breezes' jerk chicken & island veggies with our creamy three-cheese sauce tossed with seashell pasta...$11.95

Coconut Shrimp with rum/honey dipping sauce, Island-style rice & peas, veggies, and cornbread....$13.75

Here's a restaurant guide. Not all restaurants are listed, but there are quite a few. You can narrow your search for specific areas. Most restaurants have sample menus posted.

Paradise Restaurant is also right in the port area.

The others that I can think off are...

Hard Rock

Breezes

Rackhams (about a 5 minute walk)

Hammerheads (a short walk)

Paradise

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_detail.asp?restaurantID=45

I'm doing the same tour at the same time you are in July (on the Legend, though). I'd be interested to know how much time you'll have left after the tour (since cayman time is 1 hour behind ship time). My tour is 9am Cayman time, but that will be 10am ship time. Our ship leaves at 4pm ship time but that's 3pm Cayman time. Last tender at 2:30?? I suppose that would give us about 2 hours to shop and eat, correct? Anyway, I'd be interested in what you find in restaurants, too. That's what we wanted to do.

Have fun!! :)

I'm doing the same tour at the same time you are in July (on the Legend, though). I'd be interested to know how much time you'll have left after the tour (since cayman time is 1 hour behind ship time). My tour is 9am Cayman time, but that will be 10am ship time. Our ship leaves at 4pm ship time but that's 3pm Cayman time. Last tender at 2:30?? I suppose that would give us about 2 hours to shop and eat, correct? Anyway, I'd be interested in what you find in restaurants, too. That's what we wanted to do.

Have fun!! :)

Ours is also scheduled for 9AM! Can't wait after reading all the fun reviews on this tour. I read where the tour only last about 2 -2 1/2 hours maybe? I was hoping we would have time to shop and eat a quick bite before going back to the ship. I have read reviews for this tour and they said they had enough time :)

Here's a restaurant guide. Not all restaurants are listed, but there are quite a few. You can narrow your search for specific areas. Most restaurants have sample menus posted.

Hard Rock

Breezes

Paradise

Thanks Twinkletoes! This is great :)

Hard Rock

Breezes

Paradise

Thanks for all the great information! Do you happen to know where Coconut Joe's is located?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the great information! Do you happen to know where Coconut Joe's is located?

Thanks!

I do...we've eaten there many times.

It's just across the street (it's not on the beach side) and up a tiny bit from the Marriott Beach Resort. I think the Comfort Inn is just across the street.

And not too far down is the the Aqua Beach Restaurant. We've been to both, but really like Coconut Joe's. Our kids like ABR becauase it's a jumping joint at night. We found that the place gets pretty quiet at night...just like we like it. But our 20-somthing's disagree... :)

We stay at the Regal Beach Club condos and that's next to the Marriott and the Aqua Beach is directly across from the RBC.

You'd need to take a cab to get to these places. They're quite a ways from the port area.

http://www.aquabeach.ky/

We ate at Paradise back in April. It is very close to Hard Rock. We sat outside by the water. We ate turtle soup and turtle burgers. They were excellent.

We've never eat there...but we'll have to try it the next time we're there. We got hooked on a few restaurants, and that's where we always go.

Thanks for this info... :)

Archived