Aloha Balcony - Caribbean Princess

cruisefrk

After searching I can not find any pictures or comments on the Aloha Balconies. Can you tell me if these are fully covered and with the most privacy. We sail often and love Princess but I really dislike the open cabins - for the common reasons of not wanting to have others watch me as well as I dont want to be able to view others either.

I can not believe that all the Mini Suites are on the Dolphin Deck -the design seems so odd to me.

Appreciate any feedback for the Balcony on Aloha.

We are sailing on CB in October on Aloha deck. They are smaller in size

(9 x 9 ) exactly. A small table and 2 chairs are there. We picked Aloha over the other balconies because it is TOTALLY covered. We would rather have had a smaller size and covered, than a larger balcony uncovered. We are mid-ship as far as cabin location to help with the movement. Being on Aloha on the CB allows you to have rooms only above you so there is no excess noise, and only 2 floors away from the Horizon cafe. One can just walk up 2 flights or take elevators. I believe if you go with Aloha, you will not be disappointed.:)

Hughbud

Not sure on the Aloha balcony dimensions quoted above by Hughbud. Our experience on Caribbean Princess has shown that Aloha, Lido, Riviera and Baja deck balconies are all fully covered but are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep. Standing at the railing of these balconies you will overlook the larger Caribe deck and Dolphin deck balconies below.

The Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep with the first 5 ft. being covered by ceiling overhang for privacy and shelter from rain.

Dolphin deck balconies are ALL mini-suites and the balcony is sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep but have no ceiling overhang.

Emerald deck has some mini-suites and these have full ceiling cover. Emerald deck also has some regular balcony cabins which are covered but are tucked in under the ship's interior and overlook the Promenade deck walking area. I do not know the size of these balconies.

Personally, I am a fan of Caribe deck balconies - larger balcony with some ceiling overhang.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

After searching I can not find any pictures or comments on the Aloha Balconies. Can you tell me if these are fully covered and with the most privacy. We sail often and love Princess but I really dislike the open cabins - for the common reasons of not wanting to have others watch me as well as I dont want to be able to view others either.

I can not believe that all the Mini Suites are on the Dolphin Deck -the design seems so odd to me.

Appreciate any feedback for the Balcony on Aloha.

Above poster answered all you questions except for one. Other's on the Caribe and Dolphin can look up and see you if you are standing on your balcony. Not sure, but maybe an aft cabin this doesn't happen.

Totally covered. Wished I booked a Carib deck where it is part covered and part sun. I got the Flu of all things and by Monday of my trip all I wanted was to sit on my deck get some sun and avoid life. Well I could not get sun as it was covered:(.

Archived