NCL SUN Stateroom #1001 Forward

FormulaRacer

There was a discussion about the 2 forward AE mini's not too long ago. I think the cabin itself is a little larger than the regular AE's, and the balcony is definitely larger. My family had a forward penthouse on the Sun in '06 and we loved it, so I started looking at these forward mini's and booked one for the winter. Have a great cruise. :)

My DD and I were in 1001 on a Sun 10 day cruise over the 2005 New Year's holiday. We loved that cabin and the balcony was fantastic. Every day we would realx and read(and have the most wonderful naps while underway). I am a wind in the face kind of person, had a convertible for years, so the forward cabin was wonderful. Only one night was difficult due to 24' seas. we went through a storm and I was seasick for the first time. The rough seas lasted from about 10-2 a.m. That said , I would not have traded cabins for the world and would love that cabin again. This past March we sailed the POH and my daughter and friend had an AC forward Penthouse with the biggest balcony I've ever seen, bigger even than the Sun. They loved it and we've spoiled our friends by showing them how to travel in comfort. I had a 2 bedroom Courtyard Villa with a friend BUT had a miserably small balcony compared to the forwards.

I wish NCL would put the Sun back in N.O. so we could catch a trip without flying elsewhere.

We just got back from Alaska on the Sun. We were in 1001 and it was very nice. The only problem was the weather. It rained during our sea days, so the balcony was not in use. But during port days, the sun was out and the huge balcony was a plus. It had two chairs and two recliners and a small table. Enough for four adults. The room is a little bit bigger then a standard mini suite. When we go back to Alaska we are going to get a aft suite. The wind in the colder climate just was a little to much. If you are sailing in warmer climates, 1001 is the place to be.

• 1 month later...
We had that room until we were upsold to an AD. According to my notes, 1001 is 301 sq ft with an 86 sq ft balcony compared with the usual AEs that are 2734 sq ft with a 48 sq ft balcony.

That would be quite a cabin. I meant 273 sq ft of course. We did grab that cabin (again) for an Alaska cruise in '08.

Archived