Cayman Pirate Encounter

Aja28

We are thinking of doing the Princess Excursion - Cayman Pirate Encounter. It sounds fun but was wondering if anyone has done this and if so how was it? Thanks.

We did this excursion with our kids ages 5 and 3 last year. Princess' excusion book leads you to believe that it is family oriented and would be fun for kids. It was nothing more than a booze cruise for young adults with a pirate theme. There were numerous families onboard with their kids as well as us. Overall it was not that bad. The group onboard respected the families with kids and kept their language and behaviour in check but I could see it getting out of control and uncomfortable for families. The pirate ship sails out to a location where it anchors and you can go for a swim and then returns to port. The pirates put on a show on the way out but nothing upon return. The drink available was rum punch with very little punch.

If you are travelling with kids I would avoid it. If your looking for a booze cruise to party this would be a good choice.

Actually the only kids will be my husband and myself. We like a good time but not really looking for a booze cruise, we keep that to our balcony. I read they do a mock attack on the cruise ship. How was that? We got the little plastic swords with the cherries on it in our appletinis last week (their about the size of a toothpick) and my husband said he would save his and pull it out at the pirate attack - thought it would be funny.

Hi

We did that trip last year. when we did it, it was very family friendly but it scared the living hell out of my 4 year old girl. They re inact pirate sceens and tie children upto the poll and make them scrub the deck while at the same time throwing water overthem. It may have been ok for older children but not for the younger ones. Also if you do chose to do it heres a little tip...dont walk the plank, the swimming round back to the other side of the boat is extremly difficult you have a strong tide against you.

I guess it's hit or miss as far as who books it and whether it's family friendly or not. I forgot to mention the scrubbing the deck and water throwing part but I don't think they tied anyone up when we were on it. They also shot a cannon (blanks), several times at the nearby cruise ships.

Archived