Glory Questions

tweidner

Past cruisers on the Glory please help me with a couple of questins.

1. Generally we get on the ship early on embarkation day and head to the pool. Which of the pools are filled when the ship is in port that day? We like to get a little swimming in before everyone else realizes that the pool is open.

2. When the ship is underway, which pool is the hip, happening pool? We like the one with a lot of activity.

3. Are there any pools that are Adults only?

4. Which pool has the slide and how is it? Do they have any limitations on the age of kids that can use it?

5. Previously I asked a question about the Supper Club. Whomever was the person who posted the picture of the Lobster Bique, thanks. That is flippin amazing looking. I will be having that for sure.

6. Per the Supper Club, someone mentioned that if you go directly to the club when you get on the ship you can pick out your table. Is there someone definitely in the club to take reservations or should we do the sure thing and go to the desk in the lobby? I would hate to go to the restaurant and be told to go back to the lobby. I hate to waste time running around to get reservations when I could be by the pool with a Rum Runner in my hand.

7. What are your thoughts on the best night to do the Supper Club and why?

8. Can someone tell me about the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake I keep reading about. I looked at menus (and maybe I am blind) but, I didn't see it. Is it available nightly.

9. Now the Kids Clubs - I have a 6yr old girl who loves to spend time in the kids clubs. Last year on RCCL we had a hard time getting her to leave. I think the club staff saw her more on the cruise than we did. So, what is the earliest we can sign her up for the club? Can you do it as soon as you board or do they do it that first evening?

10. Anybody take a 13.5 yr old girl and what did they think of the clubs?

That should do it for now. Thanks in advance.:) :) :) :) :cool:

Ok, here's the best I can do for some answers and opinions:

1. When we boarded the ship in February, there were no pools open, not sure why though.

2. There are two pools on the main area of the lido deck, both of which are near all of the daytime fun.

3. The "adults only" pool is the aft pool on the lido deck. When we were on the ship, though, a lot of kids were using that pool, especially late in the evening.

4. The slide runs beside the upper pool, it doesn't lead into the pool. Just watch out for the water rushing back at you at the end of the slide!

Can't answer anything about the supper club, didn't go to it when we sailed. Also, we don't have any kids, so I'm not sure how those activities are.

8. WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE! Ok, I normally don't eat any chocolate at all, but every night I had to have this. It is the greatest dessert EVER!

Hope this helps! Have a great time, the Glory is a wonderful ship!

1. I seem to remember that both pools on the Lido were open by the time I made it to the Lido deck. Don't remember whether the pool on the Panorama deck is open or not. Although it was late by the time I got to Lido deck since I first hit the buffet, then changing dinner time, then getting sign and sail card, then make reservation at Supper Club, etc. The children club also has a wading pool, but that's probably not what you mean.

2. The area by the pool mid-ship Lido deck is where all the fun contests are held, and where the band plays. You can also see the fun actitivities from the panorama deck pool.

3. I have not seen an adult only pool amongst the three mentioned above. (I think the aft jacuzzi is adults only, but I don't think that's enforeced.) However, I think I saw a pool in the spa. I bet you that's where you will find hardly any children.

4. No limitation on age, although kids have to be a certain height to use the slide.

7. You have to figure out what works for you. For me I picked the night when I know I would miss the assigned dinner time due to staying in port late.

8. Chocolate melting cake is on the alternative menu every night.

Enjoy your cruise.

I can't help with any of the pool questions, but I can offer a picture of the WCMC. Inside the cake is warm delicious "goo" for lack of a better term. It was ordered at our table every night.

1383309789_WarmChcolateMeltingCake.jpg.812a10fa2598ec5e21b773b1b05c826f.jpg

2. Definitely the main pool by the band

4. There are no age limits as my DH did the slide. (not sure if there are weight limits???)

5. So many yummy foods. (I loved the shrimp cocktail and the chocolate trio dessert - see photos below.)

6. There has always been someone in the restaurant to take reservations. When we were on the Glory last July we went directly to the Emerald Room and reserved our table.

7. Depends. We liked to go on any of the non-formal nights. (The 1st nite is not usually open.)

Picture1396.jpg

Picture1415.jpg

I happened to pass thru the supper club on the first afternoon of our April Glory cruise and there was a hostess there taking reservations--so I went ahead and made one. The dinner was wonderful.

The chocolate trio dessert, is that in the regular dining room or the supper club? Looks great.:D

I've only seen it in the Supper Club. You may be able to ask your dining room waiter if it is available at all during the week??

just returned from the glory and heres what i can tell you, cant remember for sure but i think at least two of the pools where open when we got on, there is no limit on the slide but I never got up there to try it, there is no adults only pool there are adults only jacuzzis on the lido deck aft, after hearing that this is not generally enforced on these boards i was amazed that while we were in it security actually came over and made the kids get out. didnt do the supper club the dinning room was plenty good for us, nor do we have kids so cant help you there, as for the warm chocolate melting cake, I too had read the rave reviews of it and was looking forward to trying it and i can tell you it was amazing, you can get it everynight in the dinning room and they did have it one night on the buffet that we went as well, so plenty of chances for you to give it ago.

Archived