Crown - Tour of the Bridge?

sailorJo

I wonder if the Crown offers guided tours of the bridge. When we were on the Grand several years ago we made the acquaintance of a young officer who worked on the bridge and he offered to give us a private tour. I found this to be the most interesting and fascinating section of the ship and it provided answers to so many questions I’d asked myself. I had often wondered how such a huge monster as the Grand could be so easily maneuvered in and out of ports. We were introduced to the senior watch officer and navigator who explained the function of the various sophisticated instruments such as the radar and meteorological instruments. I would love to do something like that on my upcoming Crown voyage. Perhaps in the meantime they’ve come up with some interesting new technology. Has anyone had a similar experience on the Crown recently?

Guided tours of the bridge are much less common now than in the past.

It is possible to "wrangle" an invitation up there, by leaving a request addressed to the Captain, at the Purser's Desk.

Good luck.

Guided tours of the bridge are much less common now than in the past.

It is possible to "wrangle" an invitation up there, by leaving a request addressed to the Captain, at the Purser's Desk.

Good luck.

Great idea, thanks.

I guess after 9-11 everything's changed and they pay more attention to security issues....:(

Archived