Any must do/don'ts Triumph Eastern Carib 8/11

Hello boards!

I'm new to the boards and this will be my first cruise. I've perused the board and went through the "tips and secrets" threads, read reviews and all...so I just wanted get some more specific advice.

As I said, this will be my first cruise and I'm going with a group of 27 (mixture of my bf, family, family friends- some I don't know) so I'm extremely excited. My bf has been on several cruises and he is under the impression that shore excursions through Carnival are a waste of money. I want to have the best cruise experience and not regret NOT doing anything, so I am sure I can talk him into 1 for each port, lol. Anything you guys recommended on the current itinerary?

I think I would most be interested in tours or some type of water sports. I'm 27, he's 35, we both enjoying music and drinking (:D) and good food. Oh, and he has a seafood allergy, so if there are any tips on that that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have on the total experience!

Hi PeeJay!

Come over to the roll call boards---there are several CC people on that cruise. We are also a group of 27 people, and there is a group of 40+ doing a wedding on our cruise!

Must do: Have a great attitude and enjoy yourself.

Must don't: Sweat the small stuff!

FWIW---we don't do ship excursions since finding CC. Scan the roll call thread and the ports of call boards for great reviews/recommendations of private tour operators, particularly in St. Thomas.

I have pics and a review below in my signature. Just click on the links!

I agree...read through the ports of call boards and take a private excursion. The ship excursions are crowded and over priced. Although I wouldn't not plan ANYTHING...lots of people don't have a very good time because they never get past the tourist trap area near the port and see the real island/port.

Archived