Norwegian Star Mini Suite 11062

kiwicruiser

Has anyone stayed in AF 11062 on the Norwegian Star?

For the first time, we have opted for a mini suite rather than a balcony cabin. Is the mini suite worth it? Any recommendations for the best mini suite (and whether it should be port or starboard) for the Mexcian Riviera cruise?

This is also our first time on NCL, having only cruised Princess before - how do they compare?

Many thanks

• 5 years later...

Hello to KiwiCruiser,

We will be staying in the mini-suite in 2014 and hope someone will answer your question. Maybe someone will answer about another cabin nearby.:rolleyes:

Most of the reviews of the mini-suites I've read have been positive, but DH is sensitive to noise so I'm hoping this one is quiet.

We have sailed on both Princess and NCL. We generally prefer NCL although Princess seems to have somewhat better itineraries. We prefer the food on NCL, entertainment is about the same, and service is about the same (great!). We like the more relaxed freestyle dress code.

Gail

Has anyone stayed in AF 11062 on the Norwegian Star?

For the first time, we have opted for a mini suite rather than a balcony cabin. Is the mini suite worth it? Any recommendations for the best mini suite (and whether it should be port or starboard) for the Mexcian Riviera cruise?

This is also our first time on NCL, having only cruised Princess before - how do they compare?

Many thanks

Hello to KiwiCruiser,

We sailed in a mini suite on the Star last June to Bermuda and really enjoyed it! It was actually my first time in a mini. Here are a couple of quick thoughts as I also have cruised in a mini on Princess as well!

I like the bathrooms on NCL MUCH better than on Princess. I think the layout is better and you just have more room.

I saw no difference in room size or layout between the two...they were virtually the exact same cabins.

As I cruised the Star to Bermuda, I have no idea which side is best for the Mexican Riviera, though for myself, I've never thought it made much of a difference. Our mini on the Star was forward, not aft. We didn't have any issues with noise.

I've cruise in a balcony on the NCL Pearl and when I compared it to the mini on the Star the biggest advantage was the size of the bathroom...the cabin may have been a bit larger in the mini though I'm not positive. I honestly don't spend a lot of time in the cabin so when I'm with my kids we always get an outside obstructed. The two times I've sailed in a mini was when I was with a friend.

Princess vs. NCL as a whole..here's my two cents...

Food: Princess I believe has the better food in the main dinning rooms vs. NCL. I've never eaten in a speciality restaurant on Princess but have on NCL and LOVED it. I believe they now have a dinning package on NCL for the speciality dinning rooms and I think it's well worth it. Love love love Le Bistro.

Entertainment: I've sailed on the Star twice and HANDS DOWN the entertainment is 100% better than Princess.

Service: Both NCL and Princess have excellent service. I've never had an issue on either!

You will LOVE the Star..we've sailed her twice and are looking forward to our third time next January to the Panama Canal!

Regards,

Natalie

Archived