NCL SUN Questions

wiselindag

As we start to get serious about planning for our August 5 Alaskan cruise, it would be helpful to get some detailed information on this itinerary from anyone who has sailed recently:

1) What night will be Lobster night? (I realize this can change from cruise to cruise, but I would imagine there is a "regular" night, and it would be helpful to know which one.)

2) Is the new dock ready yet in Ketchikan or are they still tendering?

3) What's happening with Tracy Arm? How much of the glacier is now visible from the "big" ship?

4) Is anyone else on this cruise? Our Roll Call is spirited, but small and could definitely use more input. So, if you haven't yet checked in on the August 5 Sun Roll Call, we are waiting to hear from you!

Thanks very much for your help and best regards,

Linda

As we start to get serious about planning for our August 5 Alaskan cruise, it would be helpful to get some detailed information on this itinerary from anyone who has sailed recently:

1) What night will be Lobster night? (I realize this can change from cruise to cruise, but I would imagine there is a "regular" night, and it would be helpful to know which one.)

3) What's happening with Tracy Arm? How much of the glacier is now visible from the "big" ship?

4) Is anyone else on this cruise? Our Roll Call is spirited, but small and could definitely use more input. So, if you haven't yet checked in on the August 5 Sun Roll Call, we are waiting to hear from you!

Thanks very much for your help and best regards,

Linda

I just got off the Sun from their June 10-17 cruise to Alaska. It was fabulous!

1. Lobster night was Monday.

2. We tendered in Ketchikan but the different ships "take turns" . . . all planned out way in advance. Tendering was very smooth and fairly fast. We went right into port in Juneau & Skagway.

3. The glacier at Tracy Arm was very visable from the ship . . . . we couldn't get up real close but with a pair of binoculars and a good telephoto lens, you'll see it just fine. In Skagway, we did the Wilderness tour out to Davidson Glacier. Highly recommended . . . . especially if Boris is your guide. He's incredibly knowledgable on so many levels and he was humorous & entertaining to boot. Rare combination!

The crew on the Sun was fabulous and don't miss the crew's show on the last night. NOT to be missed. You'll roll in the aisles during the finale!

Yes, Monday, also first formal night.

we tendered, I felt it was a bit of a pain, although it was fast to get to the port, a very long line up to get back on the ship, we waited at least 45 minutes, it is also a short port day.

no tendering in Skagway or Juneau, but in Juneau we docked on the opposite side of downtown so we had to take a shuttle bus.

we never really got to see the glacier unfortunately (on the June 3-10 sailing), missed it by a little bit, it was right around the corner, but we couldn't make it due to weather.

I think by August the weather would be much better.

I wish!

Archived