Port or starboard?

leipoppy

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me which side of the ship will the NaPali Coastline and the evening volcano viewing be on on the Pride of Aloha? When I cruised on the Pride of America I was pretty sure that the volcano was on the starboard side and the NaPali coast on the port?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me which side of the ship will the NaPali Coastline and the evening volcano viewing be on on the Pride of Aloha? When I cruised on the Pride of America I was pretty sure that the volcano was on the starboard side and the NaPali coast on the port?

Thanks!

I cannot tell you for certain based on the Pride of Aloha, but on the Pride of America this past week, the answer is both. The captain sailed by on one side (I believe Port first on both) and then turned the boat around and headed the other way so both the lava and the NaPali coast could be seen by the other side. I assume the Aloha is the same, but just not certain.

William

On the POH last week both sides saw the volcano, starboard first then port, but for the Napali coast we only sailed by on the port side (no turn around).

The above was our exact experience on the Pride of America last summer, as well. We were DEFINITELY glad we had a port side balcony cabin for the week!!!!

Sounds like if your going any time soon,its not going to matter since the earthquakes on sunday changed the lava flow path so no more lava to the ocean :( at least for awhile...Dot

Archived