Stateroom #6113 on Wonder?

latterdayesther

Hey fellow Disney Cruisers,

We are considering an inside cabin, #6113, on an early Dec. sailing. It is on deck 6, right by the aft elavators. My question: Has anyone had a cabin this close to the elevators, and will it be too noisy? :confused:

Thanks for your input!

Esther

Thanks, Mom/Grandma x4 for your quick reply!

Our TA just called and she has reserved inside staterooms #6101, #6103, & #6105, which are just above the theatre and Flounder's Reef. Have you heard of anyone complaining of noise from late movies or parents picking up their babies?

A quiet cabin after bedtime is important to us, but we are going with our daughters and grandchildren, and economy is very important to them. ;)

Again, any feedback is welcome, thank-you so much! :D

We had 6111 and 6109 and I thought that they were wonderful! I don't know why everyone complains about being close to the elevators because I've never heard them! I think the best place on a ship to be is as close to the rear stairs/elevators as possible. Everything I go to seems to always be in the back of the ship so that makes for less footwork! lol!

We were in 6028 and 6030 Easter week and they were fine. I was worried, too, but we didn't hear anything. As you stood facing the elevators, if you looked to the left, our two doors were the ones that you saw, so I was afraid that we'd not only hear the elevators, but also the noise of people waiting for the elevators! Not to worry, it wasn't noisy at all.

Thanks Carenyllie and Momofprincess for your valuable experience! :)

I am feeling lots better about the cabins we have now. Of course we would not be unhappy about an upgrade to OV, but we are just thrilled to be going on the cruise all together. :D

Our very first cruise was on the Disney Wonder in 2004, and we have been hooked on cruising ever since! We had an inside cabin on Deck 5 on that trip, and then we had daughters and grandchildren, and Mom with us in the fall of 2005. We had four cabins and booked all Cat 12 guarantee. We were very fortunate to be upgraded to Cat 9 OV. :D

We will see what happens this time, but it is nice to know that we will be OK with these staterooms if we don't get an upgrade.

Again, thank-you for taking the time to reply. The friends that we have met on these boards, and cruise with are the best!

Esther

• 3 weeks later...

We always book our stateroom close to the forward elevators. Never had a noise problem and it is convenient having the elevators nearby to get around quickly. Also, the forward elevators always seem to be the least busy.

• 2 years later...
We had 6111 and 6109 and I thought that they were wonderful! I don't know why everyone complains about being close to the elevators because I've never heard them! I think the best place on a ship to be is as close to the rear stairs/elevators as possible. Everything I go to seems to always be in the back of the ship so that makes for less footwork! lol!

Finally a good review that I can find. We just changed to this room from 6099. with only three rooms they were telling me. We chose that one over 6113.

Archived