Parking at Southampton

Pwitki

Can anyone recommend a car park in Southampton? The parking through Cunard is about the same price as other car parks advertised for the ports in Southampton so was it a good experience? I believe the car is parked for you and returned to where you dock - is that correct? Also, do they check in your luggage for you? The only other company I have found to be any cheaper is Holiday Extras - has anyone used this company for parking and if so was it a stress free experience?

It's our first cruise - I'm very excited - so if you have any tips to get the most out of our cruise. We're travelling on the QE2 around the Med.

Any advice appreciated - thanks.

We used the Cunard recommended car park last year.

It was excellent.

We were flying out of Heathrow and returning on the QM2.

We were given directions on where to park, a lift to Southampton coach station to catch the coach to Heathrow and when we returned the car was waiting right outside the disembarkation area for us.

The cost for 18 nights was £141.00.

If we had been salling from Southampton, I understand you hand your car over at the embarkation area and its waiting when you return.

We have booked the service for this year as we are again returning to Southampton

Chris and Pam

Can anyone recommend a car park in Southampton? The parking through Cunard is about the same price as other car parks advertised for the ports in Southampton so was it a good experience? I believe the car is parked for you and returned to where you dock - is that correct? Also, do they check in your luggage for you? The only other company I have found to be any cheaper is Holiday Extras - has anyone used this company for parking and if so was it a stress free experience?

It's our first cruise - I'm very excited - so if you have any tips to get the most out of our cruise. We're travelling on the QE2 around the Med.

Any advice appreciated - thanks.

We used CPS (the company with some kind of affiliation to Cunard). Embarkation is very simple - drive in, they unload the cases and the next time you see them is in the cabin. Disembarkation was shambolic, but we may have been unlucky. Find your own cases, find a trolley (in very short supply) or queue for the rest of your life for a porter. Wheel cases through the terminal, across a road and into the car park.

Not my finest memory of our trip.........

We used CPS (the company with some kind of affiliation to Cunard). Embarkation is very simple - drive in, they unload the cases and the next time you see them is in the cabin. Disembarkation was shambolic, but we may have been unlucky. Find your own cases, find a trolley (in very short supply) or queue for the rest of your life for a porter. Wheel cases through the terminal, across a road and into the car park.

Not my finest memory of our trip.........

We had the same experience. I left my wife with my mother and then fetched the car myself.

I then drove back into the hanger. It works better that way - providing you're not on your own, of course.....

Matthew

Why use the car park?? Just park in a street in Southampton and get a taxi to/from your car for about £16-00.

Top tip.... dont actually arrange to get the taxi from your cars' location. Pick it up from the next street etc.

Works fine for me....... why pay over £100-00 for 2 weeks parking??

Thanks for your help and advice. We are thinking of maybe driving to Southampton and looking at parking on the street but if we decide not to do that are we then able to use the Cunard (CPS) Long Term Car Park or does this need to be booked in advance? Also is the rate different if you book in advance rather than just term up on the day and use the car park?

Thanks.

Thanks for your help and advice. We are thinking of maybe driving to Southampton and looking at parking on the street but if we decide not to do that are we then able to use the Cunard (CPS) Long Term Car Park or does this need to be booked in advance? Also is the rate different if you book in advance rather than just term up on the day and use the car park?

Thanks.

We are using CPS as we are parking for 16 nights next month. When I booked it the cost was £127. They will meet us at the dock, take the car and bring it back when we get back hopefully. You need to book it as you have to put all your cars details on the form, I did it online and it was very simple. They send you a confirmation pack with stickers for your car etc.

Nitty

Thanks - I think we will end up going for the CPS route as I don't fancy spending my cruise worrying that the car won't be there on our arrival back to Southampton if we were to park on the road.

By the way, we are on the July 31st Med. Cruise.

Have a great time on your cruise - not long now!!!

We are going to use CPS so if you could let us know how it goes, I would be really grateful. How do they know when to bring it back, do you call them the morning you get into port with your disembarkation time?

Can't believe your cruise is nearly here!

Failing that you could book a night at the Southampton Hilton - £179 for two including breakfast, parking, shuttle coach to embarkation and back. It's very organised and was trouble free for us. Collecting your cases is a bit of a free-for-all but not too bad. I'm on that cruise too so enjoy!!

How do they know when to bring it back, do you call them the morning you get into port with your disembarkation time?

You tell them when you book which ship and cruise/crossing you are on and they know the return date. The car is waiting in a car park, about 200 yards away (seems more like 200 miles with your luggage). It is not a pleasurable experience after the excellent service during your cruise, and I recall rather grandly turning to my DH and saying "where are the staff?". Not a characteristic remark for moi I assure you, but the general free-for-all was a bit of a shock to the system;).

Archived