4th of July on Summit

goat61

Can anyone tell me if anything festive happens on Celebrity Ships over 4th of July. We'll be on the Summit in Alaska over that time and was hoping there would be something at least for our kids.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if anything festive happens on Celebrity Ships over 4th of July. We'll be on the Summit in Alaska over that time and was hoping there would be something at least for our kids.

Thanks

We were on the Summit last year on the 4th of July. I think we were in Skagway... Anyway... Summit's kids' program had a little 4th of July parade throughout the ship. They painted flags on the kids' cheeks, gave them little flags to carry, and glowsticks as well. Several of the ship's band members played patriotic tunes, and the kids marched behind them. It was cute to watch, and the kids had a good time.

Other than the little parade, I don't remember anything specifically that Summit did for the 4th. Email or write to the chamber of commerce for whatever city you'll be in, to find out what will be going on in. Skagway had several special events going on, including a 4th of July parade.

Have fun and enjoy Alaska! It's one of my favorite places to visit!

Archived